It's that time again, the time where you proclaim all things, all hopes and dreams unattainable, that you plan to make a reality in the upcoming year. Every year, I sit and blog about those things I plan to make true. And then, every year, I feel more and more disappointed as I let those things falls by the wayside.
I think there are certain things in a person's life they know will never happen. Realistically, I will never lose 50 pounds next year, I will never get to the point where I work out every single day, and I most definately will not get to the point where I become a cooking, cleaning fanatic.
So, here's my REALISTIC new year's resolutions (in no particular order).
In the year 2011, I will vow:
1.To become more healthy in terms of exercise. I may not exercise every day of every week of every month, but I WILL exercise more often, possibly get back to running like I once did.. and ENJOYED doing.
2. To become a better blogger. There are times in my life, where I withdraw from blogging. To block the pain, to block the tears from showing, to keep you guys from becoming completely BORED with the life of the Russells. I want to be able to look back at the year 2011 and follow a journey along the way. I want to learn to document through the good times and the bad, the boring and the entertaining, the ups and downs so that I might have something to look back on, to draw motivation from in the years to come.
3. To become a better friend. As life happens, I forget about the friends of mine along the way. I forget to be a friend myself. I get wrapped up in the day to day events and fail to take the time for those around me like I should.
4. To become more financially stable. I am a shopper. I believe in retail therapy. I spend muchos dollars both online and in store on things I really don't NEED, but want.. or rather, is at a good price. I want to vow to become smarter from a financial standpoint. Bigger savings, smaller debt. Dave Ramsey, you just might become my best friend for the upcoming year.
5. To become a better Christian. In this hectic world we live, I forget my reason and purpose here on this earth. I forget to thank the one who makes the world go round. I forget to read his word. I forget to pray to him until things go wrong, or until it is more convenient to me. In the upcoming year, I want to get deeper in his word than I have ever gotten before. I want to become closer to him than I have ever been before. Through the ups and downs of life, I want to train myself to call upon him instead of attempting to deal with it myself. I want to restore my love for Christ.
How about you guys??? What do you plan for in 2011??
3 comments:
Great goals! I'm still working on mine. :)
Great goals.. I am drafting mine right now too.. You dog is so cute!
I used to love running and now no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get back to enjoying it or doing it well. I am going to try to get back to running. I will get back to you with the rest of my plans. Have agreat new year!
Post a Comment