Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ever have one of those days?

Today has been one of those days where at the end of the night, you look back and think, man- I'm glad this day is over.
We have been super busy at work lately. I have been super tired by the end of the week and it has been a constant, never-feel-caught-up kinda time lately. I clock in early and then work work work as had as I can and still haven't been able to stay on top of things and end up having to rush around to get finish before time to clock out and go home. It may not be physically stressfull but on a mental level, I am finished.
Speaking of work, I have been so stressed that, in my mind, I have been so grumpy and hateful to co-workers. I must say that I have the best group of people to work with. I absolutely love my job and am very blessed to work with such wonderful people. They will do anything in their power to help you, and are all so nice and friendly. They each in their own way have their own downfalls but nothing to complain about. They never complain, usually compliment your preformance, are just all in all a great group of people. I am blessed to have been given this chance. HOWEVER, lately I have been stressed and have found more and more things wrong with each of them and why my work days are so bad. I.e, "why can't they help me treat the patients at the hospital more instead of staying here taking their sweet time or talking or whatever they are doing", "she gets on my nerves so bad because she never volunteers to h elp me when I am covered with patients and her's cancels"... All things that are true, but we each have our own downfalls. Maybe they have each been so stressed that they overlooked ways that they could help.
I have also been not feeling too good lately. This time of the year usually doesn't get me so quickly, but I have always suffered at allergy season. This year it hit quick and it hit good! I have been battling the sinus/allergy "croup" for a week now and finally decided today at 3:00 when I lay my head down on my desk because it was hurting too bad too do anything else.. and then left early and didn't think I was going to make it to the Urgent Care to see the doc.. I definately need some medicine. So I went to day, and mr doctor man let me know that I will need to take 3 medicines to take care of them for now.. one of which being some oral-steroid because they had given me a very very strong steroid last month when I battled a upper respiratory infection and he was reluctant to give me another shot so soon. So, for the next week I will be getting oral steroids instead of getting it all at one time and being done with it.
Then I come in Miley is very reluctant also.. reluctant to use the bathroom outside. So, instead she waits until I get her back inside without her leash and decides that is the time to pop a squat in the floor and then run around with remains hanging from her tail. Not a happy Emily at this point, might I add. Needless to say, after chasing her, putting her in "timeout", letting her out, and having to chase her around the house because she is in our bedroom hidden so that while I'm trying to find her she can finish her business in the carpet instead of on the hardwood where she started it.... now she is in her kennel where she will stay until further notice. Further notice being.. in the morning, or when her dad gets home around 1 am from work.. which happens we shall see.
Then, at a bad time of the month, I get mad and fuss at Kenneth for something that he deems to be totally harmless and so nothing to worry about. I won't go into details because I am just suffering from the "i miss my husband and cant spend time with him so i will let my mind go into overtime worrying and thinking things that i know or at least hope would never happen". We are still newlyweds and even though it seems we are completely settled, we are still getting used to this married thing as well as the two of us working different shifts. I don't like it but things are going to come up in this period of our lives and I cant jump to conclusions.. and when I do I can't just blame Aunt Flow.. or can I??
So, I have decided that I am going to bed asap and putting an end to this night. I will most definately not shoot for re-living this day tomorrow. A new dawn and a new day tomorrow.. we shoot for a happy one. Until then, Happy Wednesday guys. Hope y'all have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gah...when I came home from work, Dexter had used the bathroom in his crate. I bathed him. I came home from church, he had done it again. I bathed him again. While I myself am taking a shower because I feel gross, he proceeds to puke in the floor 5 times. Gahhhhh...dogs...they will be the death of us!