Monday, April 27, 2009

True Story

So about 2 weeks ago, I stopped by the gas station to fill up and had a little ordeal with the gas pump not working correctly and even though my tank was full, it kept pumping. I, however, was standing outside my car waiting on it so I may have let $1.00 at the most pump down the side of my car and onto the ground. Kenneth laughed at me for pouring our money "down the drain" lol.

Fast forward to today as I am standing there at the same gas station about 2 pumps down from the bad pump that ruined my day just 2 weeks ago. There I am minding my own business after a long day at work, probably more our less talking to myself about something that happened today. And I hear this woman's voice saying something in Spanish and then comes the interpretation from one of the children in the back of her van. The lady parked beside her was using the bad pump apparently, and was sitting inside her truck while her husband went in to pay for the gas. I look over to see the lady get out and see why these children are waving their arms and such and judging by the music blaring as she opened the door, she couldn't hear the fact that a waterfall was gushing from her gas tank onto the ground. After approximately $20.00 later, by my estimation of course because I was getting nowhere near this obviously mad lady, she finally realizes what has happened. Oh what a bad day!

So, I draw many lessons from this story.
1. Never leave your vehicle unattended when pumping gas.
2. Never leave your wife in the car to supervise the gas pumping into your car.
3. If you are the wife in the car that's supervising the gas pumping, turn your radio down and, in the event it seems like there's a lot of commotion outside your car, get out and see what's going on.
4. If you are the husband inside paying and your gas just keeps on ticking the price up, there's probably something wrong. You should go outside and tell your wife she just let over $20.00 worth of gas spill on to the ground.
5. Kenneth, don't poke fun when your wife spills $1.00 worth of gas down the drain.. it could be far worse. Just ask the lady at pump 6.. I'm sure she's had her share of experience with the situation.

No comments: