Can I say.. first of all.. that the weather in our "neck of the woods" has been absolutely amazing. I am loving it! Not too hot, not too humid.. definately not typical August heat.
Kenneth and I are planning a get-a-way to his dad's for the weekend. Although his dad only lives about 2 hours away, it is just far enough to get away from our surroundings and relax. A trip to the in-law's house is usually not a fun time at all, but Bo and Charlotte(his stepmom) and the best. They are super cool and funny and Charlotte is the best. We hit it off from the first minute we met. So, I am looking forward to a fun mini-trip.
Kenneth and I are also looking into going to Gatlinburg for our 1st anniversary. Which, let me add, I can't believe it has almost been a year since our wedding. No, I am yet to get pictures developed from either my wedding or honeymoon.. but they will come some day. LOL. I haven't really even thought about them lately. Im just glad the wedding is over. I was fun but too much stress for me. So, we have been looking at hotels/condos/cabins in Gatlinburg, which is where we went for our honeymoon and we would like to go back.. EXCEPT we plan to go the week before our actual honeymoon because that's the weekend they do the cool Christmas stuff.
Kenneth is debating on going back to school. Wow! That opened a new ballpark there. Very expensive to go to school and our plans have suddenly taken a halt as he debates beginning. He has a good job that he likes right now but I don't know that his body will hold up when he's 40 and still working on diesil trucks. It can really take a toll on your body. Also, I have been blessed to not have to ever have a very physical job and I think it is only fair that he get the same opportunity as I did. We may have to put some things on hold for now but I think it would definately be better for us in the long run, right? He is debating on taking classes to become an Athletic Trainer, which means 4 years at The University of Alabama more than likely. What does this mean for our life as we know it? That means, no building a new house, which is what we were shooting for.. no baby for now, which I was starting to let the idea grow on me- but we are still young I guess... no extra money spending and little time with each other, which is not a good thing seeing as Kenneth will be working night shift and going to school during the day whereas I will be at school during the day and will be snoozing at night. Will I also have to take up Jasper hospital on their offer for me to work PRN with them on the weekends? That would mean absolutely little to no time with my husband.. can a marriage really survive something like that when it is so new and young? Lots to think about.. way too much. But, would it all be worth it til the end and can our marriage hold up with all these struggles and situations? AHHH.. way too much.
On another note.. I was talking with a patient today as I was working on his daughter's ankle and he was saying his family had made a goal years ago that really struck me as something I would like to do.. Before his oldest son graduated from school, the plan was to try and travel to every state and at least 10 countries. So, that got me to thinking about the different places I would like to travel and decided that my goal would be to travel to all 50 states before I'm 50. Sounds pretty tough, but I think it would be achieveable. So where have I been so far?
1. Alabama 2. Florida 3. Georgia 4. Mississippi 5. Virginia 6.Tennessee 7. Hawaii
So, 7 down and only 43 more to go. I am not going to count the states I just passed through or flew through going to Hawaii so my list is very short.. but it's a start. I also plan to revisit Hawaii as I believe I was too young and not up with the "traveler" thing and missed out on alot of the sights and scenary that we could have experienced.. plus Kenneth hasn't gotten to go. So, I guess that leaves me with 6 visited and 44 more left. Ha.. so there it is- my goal for the next 20 some odd years.
This post has grown increasingly long so enough for now. More later.
1 comment:
You just reminded me that I've yet to get our wedding pictures & reception cameras developed as well! Holy cow, I've been married like a year and a half!! LOL
Post a Comment