Friday, August 28, 2009

Jean shopping..

Last weekend, Kenneth took off of work and we went to eat with some friends. It was the first time that I had gone out with them and, actually, the first time that Kenneth had met them all. We live about 5 mins away from the Mexican place where we decided to eat and everyone else is about 30-45 mins away from there so, of course, we have plenty of time... PLENTY.. to get ready. Of course, I wait way too long to start getting ready and I am frantically throwing clothes right and left.. trying on.. not liking at all.. tossing. As I get to my last pair of jeans, I realize I have NO jeans that fit.. well, at least fit the way I want. I could probably have gotten away with some of them, however, I chose to wear some more comfy, but more dressy capris and be comfy.

So, long story short.. I decided then and there, I was going to buy some new jeans. Absolutely HATE the thought of it because not only do I wear different sizes in different brands, but I also have found that I wear different sizes in the same brands all depending on where they are fitted and where they are loose. SO, when I finally break down and go for it, which would be today... I load up on jeans... filter through.. go back for different sizes.. filtering through. And then decide on 1-2 jeans that I actually like. Needless to say, today me and jean shopping broke up.
So, to make myself feel better, I pull into the drive-thru and load up on me some Captain D's and sit there thinking, "And I wonder why I have to go jean shopping?"

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Aww honey, I hate jean shopping, too! Captain D's has yummy hush puppies! :)
Anyway, don't know if this will apply to a mall near you but type in your zip and see...it's a $10 gift card! You know for when you want to tackle the jeans again :) or maybe a cute shirt instead!!!

http://www.shopsmartlookfab.com/

copy and paste it!!! have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way. I only wear one brand of jeans...because I've given up on trying all the others on. Then, within that brand, I have to try on several different fits and sizes...It's so frustrating. I have so many pairs of jeans that I no longer wear because they either no longer fit just right, or the dryer shrank them, or what not. So, I feel your pain!