Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ups, downs, and jumping all around..

I know this is probably going to be a very random post.. I have waaay too many things going on in my little pea brain these days that it will not surprise me if this post is the most randomly written post EVA.

-I began packing up my house last week, but sad to say, the packing came to a halt because the realtor called and said we are still waiting on the buyers loan to then order a termite inspection to then await the result to then... well, I don't know what happens next.. long story short, it's probably not looking likely for this week and maybe not even the next. That, then, means I have been slowly breaking in to some of the boxes we have packed and have not made any further effort to pack more stuff until I hear a for real closing date. I refused. That's all there is to it.

-The outpatient clinic I work for it part of the hospital. We treat the patients during their hospital stay, which usually is quite a task considering we must still keep up our outpatient therapy schedules as well and just literally "fit in" the inpatients. Starting tomorrow, our hospital is running a "trial" of a rehab (21-day stay) where we will be required to treat specific patients 72 minutes a day compared to the prior 15, maybe 30 mins a day. This "swing bed" system is going to make the rest of my week a nightmare as I have no clue what I am doing and I don't think there are many people at the hospital that can help me as the majority of the other employees don't know what they are doing either. I believe this will be a good thing in the long run, however, I don't know that I want to be a guinea pig for this, especially considering we will be having 'inspector' type people in to watching our treatments... it should be interesting. Do I want to be the first of the therapist to give it a whirl.. definately not!

-I am not much for blabbing my personal, marital business. I will, however, just say that stress is taking a toll of both hubby and I and the way we respond to each other and our point of views. Should we also add in the fact that the 1st year of marriage sailed so smoothly, maybe year 2 is turning out to be the hectic one for us. Either way, I love my husband very much and plan to stop letting other things affect my stress level and marriage the way I have recently. In the words of my mother, I am going to start "leaving work at work and home at home."

- I will stop worrying about our house. If it is God's will, this house is going to sell. If not, then we will unbox the things we have packed and go on about our lives until God seems fit for us to do otherwise.

-I will attempt to stop let coworkers get to me so much. I love my job and the people I work with. I am typically satisfied with my job as a whole with the exception of 1, maybe 2 coworkers. One is lazy and works harder to get out of work than to just do what she should to start with.. coworker #2, I believe, thinks she is really the boss and that everything she thinks and believes should go. She also thinks she should get paid to do little to no work, play online and read magazines while she treats her patients, and get mad if you say anything she doesn't agree with and act like a 12 year old for 2 weeks afterward. Everyone knows how she reacts and doesn't say anything for this reason. It's easier to just ignore and go on than to have to deal with sulking, etc for weeks to come. I will, however, not continue to sit back and work my butt off for less than the pay she makes. I will not ignore things and will no longer bite my tongue. Instead, I will now comment when I feel the need, sit around and not offer to help when I want to be spiteful, and demand issue be taken care of when I see they should because I do work in a field that I can go elsewhere down the road and find a job making more than I do now..

So, enough said for now.. off to enjoy the little time left of this beautiful weather before dark.. hope you all have a wonderful afternoon, and if I am not back prior to it.. a HAPPY EASTER!!

No comments: