Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cherkonese

Have you ever realized that you have been saying something wrong your whole life?

As hubby and I were driving down the road over the weekend, we had my 10 year old nephew, who is living with us right now, in tow.

Braden is carrying on a conversation regarding how some people's skin gets red and blistered while other people's skin just get dark or tanned.

"I get sunburned when I stay outside too long, but my dad is Cherkonese so he doesn't".

Hubby, my mom, and I all look at each other with a puzzled look on our faces. "Cherkonese?" I ask.

His response was, "Yeah, Cherkonese, like the dark people". After much confusion, we finally decided he was talking about Cherokee Indians-- you know, the dark people.

So, my thought of the day is, "Don't we all wish we could be Cherkonese." :)
Have a happy Tuesday!!

No comments: