... put on your rainboots, and go puddle jumpin'. DUH!
Today has been the perfect day to crawl under the covers, let everyone fend for themselves, and wallow in my misery. It's been raining for the majority of the day, and that time when it wasn't showed no signs of sunshine in the forecast.
I had to take the opportunity to give myself a pat on the back. You see, today marks the very first time (yes, sadly, the very first time) since my miscarriage that I was able to attend a family event, one in which celebrated the birth of a new little one (my cousin's baby shower) that I had not.one.single moment of sadness. I realize that stating this fact is going to lead to even worse disappointments in the days ahead, more than likely, as the devil makes sure I pay extra for the day of happiness. HOWEVER, I must mark this day, as it is the first sign of showing ANY hope of moving on. I mean, my miscarriage was in 2010. I think it's about time to move on. I've dealt with depression and sadness at every other situation (i.e. Hubby's nephews birth sent me practically running to the car in tears from the hospital, Birthday parties and Christmas time hurt more than you would think as you watch the happiness in those that are celebrating another year with their little munchkins... etc.). It may be pathetic to you, but put yourself in my shoes, and you would be pleasantly surprised like I am to know that you made it without ONE.SINGLE.TEARDROP!!
So, here's to baby #2 for this sweet cousin of mine. If you know her, send her a big ol congrats!!
No comments:
Post a Comment