Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is one of my favorite holidays!! The holiday of LoVe. The day when LoVe is in the air everywhere you go!! Ahhh...

I've never really fallen for this holiday before, as I've seen it as just another plot for businesses worldwide to pawn their crap off on couples in exchange for money they should be using elsewhere. I mean, have you visited your local Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, supermarket of choosing the day of/day following up to this holiday? It's mass craziness. Teddy bears stuck randomly in places they don't belong, people fighting to get their hands on the last box of Sweethearts, and lets not talk about the card aisle... I'm not going anywhere near that place!!

But, the more things that happen in your life, the more times you stop and reflect on the important things and the important people, the more your heart is somewhat pulled toward this holiday of LOVE. You want those close to you to know how much they mean to you.

In my case, in particular, you want those that might not be around this time next year to know how much you really care, how much you love them, and how appreciative you are of the things they have done for you your whole life (from changing your diapers, to being there for you through all the milestones in life, to supporting you in all your endeavors whether good or bad). To my mother, I love you.

I also want to take a moment to thank my amazing hubby for all the things he does for me. Over the past year, I have really seen who loves me. I have seen true colors shine through in people that once may have been gray. I've felt burdened down, I've been low and depressing (not just depressed, but depressing to be around). I've gone through ALOT over the past, say 2 years or so, that I never imagined I would have to face. But, the most important thing is that I have amazing people to share this journey with. Through the good and bad, through the hard times when you don't even feel you can crawl out of bed, there are people who are right there to hold your hand. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband who plays many roles on a daily basis. He is lover, father to fur-babies, caregiver, doctor, hardworker, tear wiper, comforter,  peacemaker, follower of Christ, soulmate, cheer-uper, and my best friend. There are so many roles he fills that I could never list them all, but never complains about doing so. He does WAAAY too much for wayyy too many people. I could never repay him for all he does for me alone, and I don't think he realizes just how much I need him and how thankful I am for him. From the day we met, I knew our relationship was different. Like it was destined for greatness.

"You know the feeling when it's the bottom of the ninth, the bases are loaded, and you know the next one's coming right down the middle... and then... you just connect... and for an instant, you know that it's going over the fence and out of the park... and further than you could ever imagine?"



To my best friend and partner in crime, Happy Valentine's Day, and I love you from the bottom of my heart.  
(Miley checking out mommy's Valentine's Day surprise)

No comments: