Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Patiently Waiting...

Today marks Week 30 in this waiting period for Baby Boy!!

I haven't exactly been the best recorder of events lately, but there's still time for a little catchup so to speak.

The past couple of months have been MUCH MUCH better on the morning sickness front. I can count on my ten fingers the amount of times in the past 2 months that I have actually gotten sick. And it feels wonderful. I think I was mastering the toilet run and back to my routine but that doesn't make for the most convenient and pleasant experiences ya know? However, all the more greatly worth it.

If I had the decision to make to have another child knowing that I would be twice as sick, I would do it in a heartbeat. After going through so many hard times and struggling with the dreaded "infertility" word, I have tried my hardest to not complain about things. At times, I jokingly comment about my newly discovered whale appearance or such, but never ever ever would I trade this journey. It has been the biggest blessing that God has ever given me and I haven't even met this ordained child yet. God has placed this bundle of joy in our lives, this miracle child so to speak, and I want to be able to show my complete thankfulness and praise for this choosing.

Back to the past few months.. I have discovered that, yes, pregnant ladies feet do swell. There is back pain, and despite my constant awareness to the fact, they do waddle at times. I have given sweet hubby precise instructions on not letting me waddle in public :)

I have been fortunate enough at present to not get any new stretch marks. I haven't had a lot of heartburn thus far, despite the US tech noting hair sprouting out at a waay early time. I have been blessed.

I remember looking into pregnancy at a time in the first few months where I spent my entire day running back and forth to the bathroom, calling off of work due to sickness, etc... I remember thinking, God I know that if you have chosen me for this child then I will make it through it. For I know that you will not bring me to something and not help me through it. However, I do recall thinking, "am I really strong enough? this is not what others have shared about their pregnancy experiences". I remember thinking that something might be wrong because I was soooo sick for so long. Despite the doctor assuring me that Baby B was fine, I recall sooo many times that I doubted. I would go into checkups and think "what is she doesn't find a heartbeat"? Just imagine my reaction when she actually did have a little trouble finding the beat because baby was so small at the time.. only to know that his heartbeat was good and strong. Relief doesn't even begin to cover it. I remember even since then, at various MD appts being scared for one reason or another. It is a terrfying experience, but God has helped me through each step along the way.

In fact, Baby B was scheduled to get his little picture made just last week. I had a 4D ultrasound on Tuesday of last week and little man was stubborn as he can be. Stubborn like his daddy, ya know. He is a little wiggle worm these days and we have had a hard time getting him to freeze long enough for good ultrasound pics. So, the sweet 4D lady is going to let us try again today. Let's all just hope for some good images this time. I would love to have some to document this journey, but right now we have few and far between. Either way, just knowing that he is moving around as much as he is, and that we have seen all the important parts of this healthy little man makes my heart explode. We have waited for this child for a long time. As small concerns have been put to rest throughout this journey, it makes me all the more aware of just how blessed we are.




No comments: