Saturday, May 4, 2013

Gotta go when you gotta go...

Today marked off another "it will happen one day" item from our adventures into parenthood; the day you have to change your LO in the trunk of your SUV in public... I know, I know... gasping from all you parents that are much more prepared, organized, and put together than I.

Hubby and I decided we would venture out and check out the newest Target in our area. We get B ready, head out, and after finding its location are there for half an hour or so when he decides to need a bottle. Sooo.. we spend the rest of our time walking around feeding him a bottle when I realize that he has wet his diaper, his clothes, and is now soaking through to mommy as well.

We finish the bottle on the way to the car, and as I applying his new diaper, hiney showing for all to see, I realize that I am THAT mother... the one that I thought, "there are other places you could be doing that"... or "they making changing areas for that". But, can I just add that if I had actually observed most bathrooms n public places prior to those thoughts, I would have realized that I never want to place MY child anywhere near these areas until we HAVE to.

Needless to say, we got that duty done and were on our merry little way. Just goes to show that you will do alot of things that you thought you never would when you are actually put into those situations. That being sad, I leave you with a video that my aunt recommended I check out as it it sooo true. As I look at my routine, or lack there of, since B has come into the picture I can now vouch for the fact that a baby truly does change everything... though it is a religious rendition, I think those of us that are walking in the parent shoes can truly relate.

No comments: