Wednesday, January 1, 2014

As I was cleaning in our bedroom today, I heard B squeal out as he was in the living room playing with all his new toys he has gained over the week long Christmas extravaganza.  Kenneth Russell was in the same vicinity as he was,  and I just continued with what I was doing because I knew he could and would check on him. But as I sat there, folding and putting away clothes or whatever task was at hand, it hit me that his cry was different. It wasnt the normal grunt when something wasnt going how he wanted or squeal begging for attention. It was a cry out for help. Something was wrong. He knew Kenneth was there and made known that he needed his help. He had gotten himself into a position that he couldnt figure out how to get himself out of. As I paused to confirm that Kenneth heard the same thing as I had, and was able to get to him, B had climbed around toys into an area we normally dont allow and managed to get himself stuck between the wall and little end table in a position he was unable to correct to free himself on his own. Once freed, he went on about playing with his toys where Kenneth had placed him. Just as quickly as it all registered in my mind, I wondered where would we be in the spiritual if it werent for our Father coming to our rescue? How many times have we, as humans, ventured into an unknown area.. gotten ourselves into a position that all we were able to do was just cry out for help. We just stood and waited with hope that help was on the way because there was nothing else we could do. Thankfully, our Father is there to pick us up, dust us off, and place us back in a spot along the path he intended for us to be in the first place. Though I fail him daily, he is concerned with my wellbeing. He is there at my side in the times he should be angered at me for disobeying. Instead, he loves me. He holds me, he comforts me, and he shows me where I should be. In the natural sense, Kenneth and I love Bentley with a love I never knew possible until he became ours, but our love can in no way compare to the love of Jesus Christ for his children. This little story serves as a perfect illustration.  God is there; he is waiting if we just cry out to him. Thank you Lord for your unchanging hand and unconditional love.

No comments: