Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Precious Moments

I went out Monday afternoon and took B to "attempt" to shoot some pictures on a kid-sized tractor I borrowed from a family member. Notice I said "attempt", as he was clearly more concerned with running barefoot through the yard in his cute little overalls, and the dogs were more concerned with running in between the camera and the subject of the photography session. I got very few pictures that I would deem "worthy" of capturing this time in his life before my camera died. Yes, I never remember to charge the batteries when my own family shoot is at hand.

However, that being said, there was one moment during this photo shoot, when I called out for him as he started running down the hill toward the base of the driveway. As he turned around to see if I were just teasing, or really insisting he not go any further, he pause for just a moment to contemplate, and I was lucky enough to have my camera up just in time to capture the perfect moment.
 
 
I knew that my camera had almost given up on me for the evening, because it was refusing, or being very stubborn, to focus. I kept snapping away, though, and when I got inside and saw this picture, it almost brought tears to my eyes.
 
If you have never heard it before, photographer's kids are the hardest to photograph. I think maybe because they are so accustomed to the camera, that it doesn't catch them off guard, nor do they find it entertaining anymore. Either way, these are the moments that make my photography work seem worth it.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but in this case, maybe a thousand tears as I realize my little baby is growing way faster than I would like.

No comments: