Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Wise words.


I enjoy watching online sermons from ministers across the country. I will binge watch a certain minister's youtube like some people binge watch Grey's Anatomy or the Walking Dead. 


While watching one minister today speak on closing the door on distractions, there was a part that stuck with me. The question was posed about how "available" we should be, in particularly asking a group how "available" their Pastor was. A young man answered with how awesome his Pastor is.. how he is available immediately no matter what time or day.

What stuck with me was the counter-reply from an older minister among the crowd... "If you are available for everyone at all times, pretty soon you will have nothing to give anyone."

I have recently been pulling myself more from my small business (where I dedicate waaaay too many hours instead of spending that time with my little family) and putting my time into different avenues.. church, family, prayer, bible time. This was pure confirmation that I am making the right choice. If we finding ourselves multitasking too much, and not pouring back into ourselves, pretty soon we will have nothing to pour out to others. We have to shut some things down at times.. for me, the struggle is real to make myself leave a message unanswered or to not do whatever it takes to help someone who has waited until the very last minute to need something.

However, after this confirmation, I know just what God is looking for of me in the days ahead. 

No comments: