Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Slamming Doors   

 I was talking with a friend.. you know, one of those that you don't see for weeks, months, even years but you can always pick right back up where you left off like you never missed one single beat. We were discussing some of the most recent changes in my life when I made the following statement, and it was like it finally clicked, "God not only closed that door for me, but he SLAMMED it." You see, sometimes we find ourselves stuck in this routine. We are in this hamster wheel of life.. from the time you wake the kids until the time you crashed in the bed that night yourself, we get in this cycle. We go go go with our lists of things that we must get accomplished- kids to school (check), off to work (check), car line (check), football practice, cheer practice, homework (check, check, check). Somewhere along the way, we lose our passion. Overworked, overstressed, and sadly underpaid, but we continue on. Unappreciated, overtasked, but somehow still claiming you can work harder and do better. 

    Had something not have stopped the wheels from spinning, there I would still be. It was unexpected. Maybe it was even scary, but God saw fit to assist me in finding myself an out. He had heard my thoughts that I never spoke to a soul. He saw my heart on the current situation, and he knew my desires more so than I even did myself... and so here I am, still trying to calm the spinning as I was all but pushed right off that fast paced cycle. God not only saw fit to help me out of that chapter of life, not only closed the door so that I couldn't run back in out of comfort and habit, but he slammed the door behind me to seal it shut. 

    Just how do I know it was God, you ask? I prayed for it. I prayed for my steps to be ordered and that if it were time for me to move onto another chapter in my life that he would make it very evident... and so he did. Where am I going from here? I'm in the next chapter where I don't necessarily know what lies ahead but I'm enjoying each page I turn along the way. I'm taking it moment by moment and know that God has already paved the way, In fact, he has walked the path before me and already knows what's coming on the next page. 💗

No comments: