I was just sitting here thinking of all the stuff that needs to be done before Christmas... and I realized that I don't have a Christmas tree! It's only our first Christmas and we will have been married only 12 days before Christmas, I know this, but I also know that I have never gone ONE SINGLE year without a Christmas tree and Chrismas lights. It is just not going to seem like a Christmas this year. ICK! How depressing on an icky Tuesday morning!
On a lighter note, we did get a good bit done in the house this weekend, despite the fact that ALabam played at 2:30, right when Kenneth began hanging blinds. Yes, the blind-hanging took hours to do, but it did get finished and that is all that matters. We also got the hardwood floors cleaned (not buffed and refinished, but cleaned) and they look much better. We went to BigLots Sat. and my mom bought us a new sofa and put our cuddler recliner on layaway for our Christmas present. We got our mailbox up and our Beware of Dogs signs so that we can actually bring the dogs with us when we move. We also got our entertainment center put together and in place in the livingroom. It was very bare, so I put a 19 inch tv (I think it is that big) on it so that it wouldn't look so lonely. It looks rather humorous, and when I get home I just might attempt to post some pics, but we will see how that goes because I have been saying that for awhile now and the pics I have promised are growing by the day. When I do post, you guys will hate the amount that I will need to post.
But anyway, the weekend ahead looks a bit more fun than the past 2. I don't have to work this weekend at all, that's a PLUS. I am prolly gonna go on Friday afternoon after work and clean out the utility room at the house. Right now, we have an enormous amount of junk in there that the guy we bought the house from has left. He has the key to our utility room, which I am not too happy about and was supposed to come and get the rest of it out and leave the key locked inside. He was supposed to go and get the stuff the week we closed on the house, but needless to say, it is still there. Kenneth's mom is getting us a washer and dryer this weekend and they will be delivering it. I dont really know if they install it or not, but either way, that stuff needs to be disposed of (or him coming to get it before it is disposed of ) before they bring them out so that it can be cleaned up before they put brand new stuff out there. He said that he was going to try and come get it before then, but if not, Mr. man, I will be forced to put it outside on Friday night whether it is raining, snowing, freezing cold or whatever.
Speaking of getting new stuff, we went Saturday and purchased out kitchen stuff for the house. We got a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and over the range oven that are all stainless steel and black. They are super cute and we on sale if we bought all 4 pieces together. I am super excited about getting them and can't wait to see them in place in my kitchen. YAY! They are supposed to be bringing those out this Saturday also.
Kenneth's mom has very graciously agreed to be at the house for the men to bring out the kitchen stuff as well as the washer and dryer. Kenneth, my mother, and I are all gonna load up and go shopping on Saturday. It was already planned or I would be super stoked to stay at OUR house and be there for our new stuff to come in. So, I guess we will just have to drop by there on the way home and see our new goodies. We are going Christmas shopping/wedding shopping/picking up my wedding dress. I plan to spend some major money over next weekend getting the decor for the wedding, the food, gifts for those in the wedding, christmas presents for those that we will be able to afford presents for and, of course, gettting some yummy grub. Can't leave from picking up your wedding dress without doing that, right? HA. Lets just hope it still fits.
2 comments:
Busy, busy, busy! I bet you're ready for '09 so that you can take a BIGGGG deep breath and relax a bit! Sometimes the madness is good for you though!
What I want to know is when you are going to take pictures of the new house and post them! I.need.pictures.
Post a Comment