Let's start with a few weeks ago, when I prayed over a specific desire of mine before bed. As I lie there before dozing off, I felt an urge- God calling if you will- to do a certain thing. He was telling me to write out my desire, tell him exactly what was on my heart, and place it in an envelope. I felt the need to pull this envelope out time after time and say a prayer that the contents, the requests, be fulfilled.
Then, while sitting in a very powerful sermon, the pastor preached on stating what you want from God.. asking and knocking, in order to get results.
Hubby and I put together an awesome youth service at our church, and have really been stepping out in what I believe the Lord is drawing us and using us in with the youth of the church and community. We are called to the front of the church during this service, and are prayed for.. and to pray for the youth.
I am driving down the road the next morning, and I pray my little heart out that God will grant this one request I have desired for so long. I don't know why, but I feel this prayer is different for some reason. I pray.. I am knocking, Lord, like you have told me in your word to do so.. I am asking and I am seeking. If you will do this for me, I will give it back to you.
I find out that the desire I have been seeking has indeed, came my way... and in the midst of the awe and disbelief that it would actually come true, hubby tells me that he, at practically the same time I was praying, prayed practically the same prayer.. Lord, if you will give the desire, I will use it to glorify you.
As the prayer I prayed just days before echoed in my mind, I realize just how awesome our God is. The Lord doesn't just let us go until he is ready to step in. He is there all along and has the will and plan for our lives in action at all times. But, at the very moment you realize he was there all along, it makes you speechless. Although I am not at a point in my life tonight to discuss the desire of our hearts just yet, I will tell you that I am still speechless and will be for a long time to come. But, in the fulfillment of our request, my knowledge that God is there and God is faithful rings clear oncemore.
Thank you, Lord, for being right on time. Thank you for setting out the perfect plan for both ourselves, and those reading now. Be with those awaiting their answer to needs, strengthening and showing them in a way unique to their own situation, that you will is perfect. Keep them and help them to stand still and let you move, Lord. And in all things I give you thanks!
4 comments:
this is a great post, so exciting to see the hand of God. Sometimes it is so hard to hand our desires over to God, sometimes, we "hand them over to him" but yet somehow our fists are clenched and we haven't released what we were handing over. It sounds like you guys opened your hands and released your desires over to Him, and now you can see our great God working. I am so excited for you guys, to see what God is going to do.
I've got goosebumps! :)
Love ya! :)
If this is what I think it is, I'm so excited for you! CONGRATS! And what a testament this will be:)
Post a Comment