Hi, there, guys.. remember me? I'm that girl you've been following, but haven't seen any posts in.. well, just to be brutally honest, FOREVER! Yes, that's me.
I have been absent from the bloggy world for some time now. I will not try to make excuses, but I will say there has been a lot going on in my life these past fews days ..weeks .. months.
On April 1st, 2011, my mother was diagnosed with cancer. She had a seizure on the way to work and was rushed to the ER where they found something they did not like on her brain. She was sent to a more technologically advanced hospital where they, indeed, confirmed she had brain tumors. After testing, and a week of hospitalization, she was told it more than likely originated in her lungs, spread to her brain, ribs, and vertebrae.
She was instantly started on radiation.
After getting her treatment that Friday afternoon, she was released to go home. Since that ride home, she has undergone radiation, chemo, a trip to the wig store, IV antibiotics for MRSA via home health, an echo of her heart, and waaay too many pills to cope with for everything from seizures to stomach troubles.
From the initial phone call I received at work that April Fool's Day, to this very second as I am sitting at my desk pecking away at the keyboard trying to fight back tears at the thought of it all, I have watched my never-sick-worry-about-others-first mother crumble into a sick, weak but still independent woman of God clinging to the Lord with all her might.
The doctors say 6 months tops, my mother says 15 more years.
Others whisper about her weight gain from meds or her hairloss and new wig, my mother says but I'm still alive.
Though everyone has come to her side thinking she is too helpless, my mother says if God allows me to be here I will take care of myself.
Looking back, I could never put into words the things I have experienced these past few weeks, but just know that I have gone through alot. I can't promise I will be more reliable and dedicated to this blog, because there are more important things in my life right now.
Just know, as you look at your Reader and think "who is this girl? she hasn't posted in weeks..." that this girl would gladly accept any prayers for strength, patience, wisdom.. anything you can throw her way...
6 comments:
I know exactly who you are :)
I'm so very sorry that you and your family is going through such a terrible and draining time. We went through this with my grandmother and it spread so quickly. My prayers are with ya'll. *hugs*
I love you Em! I'm sorry I haven't been a better friend through all of this. I didn't know what exactly happened after they started the initial tests. I guess I felt like you had enough people asking how your mom was, and I know you probably get tired of talking and thinking about it, so I didn't want to be another person asking. But know I am praying for you and your mom. I love you, and if you need ANYTHING at all, PLEASE let me know.
Oh my sister-friend...you are in my prayers (and, of course, your mom, too). I'm so so sorry you all are going through this.
I love you and I'm here for you. Lunch soon? I'll come to you so we can do it over your lunch break. Just miss you.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I will definitely be praying for her and you and your family. We have missed you and so happy to see you are back!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. When I read this post, my heart just fell. My mom had lung cancer that spread to her brain. She passed on a year and a half ago. My only advice would be to spend as much time with her as you can. Take LOTS of video of her and do it soon. I want you to know that my mom was not in pain and went very peacefully. Unfortunately, the meds they put them on to prevent seizures will make your mom puff up like crazy. It just can't be helped. If you ever need someone to talk to that's been there...email me...I would love to talk to you. I will be praying for your mom and your whole family. I'm glad that your mom has the attitude she does. After all, it's really up to God how long she's here and he can perform a miracle whenever he chooses. Take care friend!
Praying for you and your family!
Post a Comment