Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Plucks the ole heartstring..

Every now and again, I hear a song that really touches me; one that truly speaks to my heart and seems as if it were made just for me. This time, it was an older song that I used to sing at church. I sang it, never even thinking about the words of the song, but tonight as I was going through some of the old soundtracks and these words spoke to me for the first time ever because lately I have felt this exact same way. And so I must share:

*I can't find the words to pray, I'm a little down today
Can you help me, can you hold me?
I feel a million miles away, and I don't know what to say
Can you hear me anyway?
What I need is for you to reach out your hand
You have taught me no matter what, you'd understand.

Chorus
Lord move in a way, that I've never seen before
'Cause there's a mountain in the way and a lock on the door
I'm drifting away, waves are crashing on the door
So, Lord, move.. or move me.

I've looked everywhere to find a simple peace of mind.
I can't anything on my own
So I gotta leave myself behind, take up this cross of mine
Give away everything I hold onto
Lord I know the only way is through this
Lord I know I need you to help me through this.

Repeat chorus

Out of this place of complacency
To a place of fellowship with thee
Cause I am weak, but Lord you are so strong
And, you know, it's been way too long.

Repeat Chorus

1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

Wow, that's powerful stuff! Gave me chills!