Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mr Hubster

I'm sitting in the recliner watching American Idol and surfing through the bazillion pics on my laptop.. and realize that I completely forgot about my engagement pictures. I absolutely love love love some of my pictures to pieces and this is one of them.

As I am looking through the pics, I realize just how much my life has changed over the past year. This time last year I had just quit my job and was in PTA school. I was stressing and probably crying my eyes out at this very moment in time. Since, I have graduated and passed my exam faster than I thought, started a job I did think I would ever find making more money than I ever thought I would be making at a place I actually like.. and finally got married to the love of my life which I thought was going to take an eternity. As I look back, I realize that I have come such a long way over the past year. I, however, have drifted away from friends that I once thought would never happen and just can't seem to wrap our schedules around times that we can spend together. Life takes turns sometimes that are so unexpected. But, looking over the past year, I realize that God has brought me through so many things and has brought me so far.

I have a wonderful husband. Granted, we may fuss and argue sometimes, but who doesn't? We are newlyweds and are still getting used to being on our own, not to mention living with someone who views things and does things very differently from yourself.. odds are, you are not going to agree on everything. But, the best part is knowing that he is in it for the long haul. He loves me and is willing to work through those fusses about who will pull the garbage can out to the end of the driveway or what we are going to eat for supper and who will clean up afterward. I believe, like I'm sure many many other of you bloggers do about your own, that my husband is the best and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

I have a great family, job, car, dog, friends. I have wonderful things in my life and I can honestly say that right now, at this point in time, that I am content with what I have been given on my plate. I am far past happy, but truly ecstatic.. truly blessed. I know that the people in my life will be there for me no matter what. Although I may not have the chance to spend every minute with them that I would like, I know that if I were broke down on the side of the road and needed someone, I could pick up my phone and could get just about any one listed to come for help. I am truly blessed.

Over the last year, have I taken enough time to thank those in my life for everything I have done? Have I thanked the Lord enough for the things he has bestowed upon me? If not, I want to take this moment now to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! And you're totally right, the first year has it's share of ups and downs! But, it's worth it!

amy (metz) walker said...

Great post, sister! It's good to take note of the ways we are blessed on a regular basis!