Sunday, April 25, 2010

Beachtime.. here we come.

Officially 18 days until we leave for the beach! To say that I cannot wait is an understatement! We are going with a great group of friends that hubby and I love love love to spend time with.

We are SUPPOSED to be closing on our house on Friday afternoon. There has been one wrong thing after another. Just to sum up my frustration, I'll just say- you would think all these people that do things like house inspections, realty, and the latest, termite inspections would know how to do things correctly the first time and not have to have them done twice!! But, what do I know?

On a lighter note, hubby called the college and they said he can take his placement test after May 1 and that registration isn't until like.. the twenty-something so that he should have plenty time to get registered for this semester. He did speak with his boss at work, as well, and got a raise that brightened his day.. for at least a little while, considering they are not officially giving raises right now. It wasn't a huge raise but it was enough to tide him over.

I have been putting a lot of thought into the future of our marriage and where our lives are headed, and I am leaning much much closer to staying at my mothers house until we get our credit cards paid off- a few months should do it. After that, I have been thinking about trying to find a mobile home to buy until Kenneth gets finished with school. The way I have been looking at it, Kenneth will have to keep working for about 2 years, maybe three because he will not be able to take as many classes while he is working so it will take longer. After he gets his basic courses finished, he will have 1 year left of degree classes and there will be NO WAY he will be able to work at that point. So, my hopes of starting to build a house right away after selling is not looking so good. Getting a trailer that we can have paid off by the time he has to quit work looks much much better to me!! Hubby and I need to sit down and talk about it all, but I do my best thinking at times like now when Miley is curled up beside me, I'm kicked back in the bed (because we already have the living room furniture in storage), the tv on in the background but the house otherwise quiet, and Kenneth is gone to ride fourwheelers with his buddies. When he gets home, it will be story time and then time to grab a bite to eat and head to bed more than likely. That idea is seeming the most logical to me right now though. Although I would love to be able to be in our own home that we have designed ourselves and both absolutely adore, the best for us would be for us to not have a huge house payment until after hubby finishes school.

No comments: