Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Firsts..

Yesterday marks the FIRST time I drove to ATL from our home in Bama.. all.by.myself!!
Today marks the FIRST time I have ever gone in a restaurant and ate alone... all.by.myself!
This very moment marks the FIRST time in months that I have been caught up on blog reading!


Hubby has been in ATL for a class through his work. So, yesterday after I work I headed on a 3.5 hour trip without a GPS. What you will do for love!! LOL.

But, really it was the first time that I have driven that far with no one there bedside me. I know, you are thinking seriously? That's it? But being the directionally challenged self that I am, that is a HUGE HUGE HUGE accomplishment. I didn't even get lost!!

So, what have I done with my day? Got up to run downstairs and grab some breakfast from the hotel breakfast nook, blog surfed, went for a quick 20 min workout and then jumped in the pool to cool off. Ran across the street to Applebee's where I at FOR THE FIRST TIME alone in a restaurant-and I don't know how crazy I am about the idea. Came back, writing this blog, and then curling up in the bed to catch up on some zzzz's before hubby gets out of class because I didn't sleep very well last night.

NOTE TO SELF: Close off window and cover tiny blue light on TV prior to getting in bed because they will, otherwise, keep you up tonight as well!!

But, how about you guys?? Hope you're having a wonderful week!!

1 comment:

Ms. Emmy N said...

Cute blog! And being directionally challenged myself, congrats on your roadtrip minus the GPS... I can barely navigate my city without one! I have eaten along, but usually with the company of a book or magazine, it's actually kind of peacful :)