... Are so like marriages. As hubby and I made a sandwich before we darted out the door yesterday to go see my brother, a thought occurred to me.
It's funny how two people can split one banana... one marriage, so to speak... one life together. With that one marriage, they take a part and each make their own separate sandwich. One very different, with it's own very unique characteristics, yet it came from the same banana, the same bond of one.
Each sandwich can hold different toppings, on different bread perhaps. But put together, still forms that perfect union, perfect bond of one that God created and put together. No matter what may come, and what may happen, the components can always be puzzle pieced back together to form the strong object of God.. Happy marriage.
As a sidenote, I would also like to share something a caller said on the radio as I drove in to work this week. Some of you may have heard this before, but I want to share anyway..
Marriage should be a triangle. Husband at one side, wife on the other, and God on the top. As a husband and wife grow closer to God, they, in turn, will grow closer together.
Thank you, God, for the perfect marriage you have given my husband and I. Even when it isn't so glamorous, and doesn't feel so perfect, through you and with your help, it is far beyond just that. Thank you for a husband, that despite my faults and failures, despite the pattern and topping to my sandwiches, loves me unconditionally, and stands in agreement with me when it all seems impossible. Please continue to draw us closer each day as we draw closer unto you. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment