Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day shift? Don't mind if I do!

Yesterday was day one of my diet. I guess I did pretty good. This first day is so hard. It is all psychological, but still, it's very hard for me just knowing that I can't eat whatever I want to. I did great and only went over my points by one point. I still broke down and went to mom's house and ate some of what she cooked(which I could have done without) but I only went over that one point and I got to see my mom in the process SO not worried about it.
On another note, Kenneth called and let me know that he is going to be working dayshift for a month to do some training for a new engine or something.. and he starts today. He worked night shift last night and then had to be there this morning at 7:00. He will be getting off at 3:30 in th afternoons which is WONDERFUL! I can't even express how excited that makes me that he will be there when I get off of work in the afternoons! It will be great to get that extra time in there and not have to go to bed alone or fall asleep on the couch and him wake me up when he gets there. I am stoked! Yes, I just said stoked.. and I'll add in a TOTALLY to it too.
He will be working a little later this afternoon to cover for one of the night shift guys until he gets back from a meeting, but then he'll get to come home YAY! Miley will not like it very much b/c she will have to go in "her" bedroom until I get home tonight instead of getting the usual play time at around 10 or so AND that means I will have to clean up both pee and poop if I am not wrong, but I am still super excited about us seeing each other more for the next couple weeks.
Speaking of the Miley-girl, she went with Kenneth and I to spend the weekend at his dad's in MS and she did phenomenal! I was so proud of her. She didn't bark at the early morning hours to get out of her taxi.. she didn't peepee in the taxi before we got her out and she did a pretty good job at not using the bathroom in the house... the compliments out of the way now, we get back and she didn't do so hot at the not restrooming in the house thing. Yesterday morning she pooped like 10 times while I was getting ready for work and I was not happy to say the least. So, we are slowly (hopefully) getting somewhere anyway, because she has been sleeping in her bed instead of the taxi and has stopped barking and whining to come out and play before it is time to. She can be the sweetest dog and I just wish we could somehow master the potty training so that I wouldn't have to get angry when I have to clean up after her... please, Miley, let's starting potty outside.
Anywho, I just realized that I have decided that I need an IPOD to use when I am working out. Not that I am working out yet, but when I do.. like tomorrow maybe, I think it would help me, or rather distract me, when I'm working out. We'll just have to see about that... hmmm..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

iPods are GREAT for working out! I can't workout without it! And that's great that your hubbie is on the day shift for a little while!

amy (metz) walker said...

I can't work out without my Ipod! It's a must have!

What a blessing that God gave you...your newlywed days with your husband on the same schedule! That is precious time together...

And I'm laughing about Miley when she got back to the house...she was on her best behavior b/c she saved it all up to "act out" when she got home. She was letting you know she didn't like being taken out of her comfort zone!