Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year, A New Beginning.

So, as I am halfway through Day 2 of 2009, I decided I should probably take a look at where I stand in my whole life and where I want to go from here.

My Marriage: Looking at my life from a marriage standpoint, I couldn't be happier. If 2009 goes with smooth-sailing as the past month has, we will be doing good. I love my husband with all my heart and could be with him 24-7. That being said, I do plan to let some of that one-on-one time go in hopes of creating a little more mystery in our marriage. We have been together for four years and haven't had a problem with spending too much time together thus far, however, I do not wish for that to become a problem either. I plan to spend more time with those other individuals in my life as Kenneth can then spend more time with his friends. Too much time together has never been a problem, but a little time apart would be okay too.

My house: Going into 2009, I plan to be more organized. I think it will do a lot for me to be able to come into a more organized house. However, I also plan to not become my mother and aunts who come in and slave at the house cleaning every night when they get home from work and never allow themselves to do anything or go anywhere until they know the housework is complete. I will not have a dirty or disgusting house, but I will realize that it is okay to have a "lived in" house instead of that picture-perfect house in the magazines.

My friends: I plan in 2009 to take more time for my friends. As we are all growing up and have our own lives, I plan to take more time for both my friends and family and becoming more involved in their lives.

Physically: I plan to take better care of my body in 2009. I know, so cliche right? Seriously, though, I plan to get healthier and not go out to eat daily. I plan to exercise more often (not that I will become an exercise fanatic, but I will exercise MORE OFTEN). I also plan to get a new haircut as I have let my hair get long enough to go in a ponytail. What's wrong with that, you say? If it goes up in a ponytail, it will always be there. I don't try to fix my hair if I can just throw it up and go out the door. Then, with the ponytail, why put on makeup right? And then why put on real clothes.. I'll wear my sweats and be just fine and comfy. NOT going to happen in 2009. Which makes me think- I need to find a new hairstyle.

Myself in general: I plan to take better care of myself... making myself happy before others. I have put everyone else's feelings,etc. in front of my own for far too long. I will take time for just me.. I will stand up for myself.. I will say what I think I should. I will overall just take care of myself in 2009 before I worry about others.

Last, but not least, I plan to save money and get both Kenneth and I a little more "out of debt" than what we are currently. I will start by cutting up those credit cards that I haven't used in a while as well as the ones that I have a zero balance on. Then I will build our "emergency fund" back up. From there, I will work on getting out bills paid off, starting with the smallest balance and then working up from there. I plan to start back using my "envelope system" so that Kenneth and I won't continuously withdraw from the checking account, as well as swipe that card whenever we think we need something. Once the money is gone from that envelope, there will be no more spending, and that's that. It will be difficult, but if we ever want to have anything, we have to get some of these bills off of us. Now is the time to start.

No comments: