Friday, June 18, 2010

Geico? or Geiko?

Hubster and I see each other very little.. between my 8-5ish work shift and his 3-12ish.. and recently throwing in classes, homework and working late. He comes to eat lunch with me at least once a week as our little "date" during the week just to get some couple time in the midst of all the other stuff.

We were sitting at a local BBQ place enjoying our lovely food when hubby points my attention to a little guy staring at me through the glass.
On first glance, he(or she.. or it?) was hard to find on the "front porch" rails as he changed from green to brown in a flash as people opened the door to leave/enter.. and he contoured his body to be so straight.. it was very interesting.. (Keep in mind that these pictures were random iPhone snaps that I zoomed so as to let you guys get a look see... not the best quality).I spent entirely too much time watching this little guy.. but it was so neat while we were sitting to watch him change from brown and straight to green-ish and moving..to very green and showing his.. gills for lack of a better word (what are those things called anyway.. and what is the purpose).
I started to eat again, just as hubby, draws my attention to this little creature who has, at this point turned to face my, bright green and huge eyes, while I am taking a bite of my french fry... the hubster broke my fixation as he says, "I don't care what you say, we're still not changing to Geico..". It really looked just like the geiko for Geico on the commercials.. Funny, funny...


Oh, and speaking of little creatures.. Miley (the fur-baby) was sitting with my the other night on the bed while I was working on my laptopblog surfing. She was being sooo quiet.. and I've learned, just like a human child, if she gets too quiet you might want to see what she's up to.. so I call her name and she doesn't turn for a second.. when I finally get her to look at me, she tucks her head and slowly creeps toward her pin, knowing she's in trouble. And if you look closely enough you will see a huge chunk of blue material hanging from her mouth. This my friends, is a little remnant of her favoriteonce favorite tennis ball, which she ever so politely dropped alll throughout the house... but just before she realized she was going to be in trouble, I was able to capture this picture of the evidence.. busted!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I would have done the same thing! I love taking pictures of things like that! ;-)