Today is my father's birthday. After going to church with my mother and Kenneth spending some time with his family, we had a small birthday dinner, consisting of KFC food that Kenneth picked up on the way to pick me up, and a quick bite of chocolate cake(yum)... we were on our way. We arrived in Stockbridge this evening around 6:00ish. After unloading all of our stuff (which, took longer than necessary because, as Kenneth remember to remind me, I packed too much) or rather, my mother packed too much for me. You just gotta love the woman for adding to your already too large collection or luggage... anyway, we decided to go and grab a bite to eat and were both super-surprised that Applebees, which is across the street from our hotel, would be open until midnight ON A SUNDAY! That's sooo surprising to me. But, anyway, we headed over there and Kenneth had a HUGE burger and fries, my fries from my plate, and then most of the Triple Chocolate Meltdown I ordered since I wasn't really too hungry for my chicken finger basket after I ordered it. But... anyway... long story short, Kenneth is now sick from eating so much. LOL. You know how when you were little and would say you were full because you wanted to go play or something and an adult would say "come here and let my feel... nope you don't feel full to me, after they pushed on your tummy? (Okay, maybe it's just me) Anywho, Kenneth's tummy is definately FULL and feels like it's about to EXPLODE. Oh, and he has to get up at 5:30 in the morning to be at his class and neither of us are sleepy (time change stinks when it comes to getting up early in the mornings)... and prolly won't be able to go to sleep for awhile.
On a lighter note, I hadn't even thought about it, but my half-brother lives in Georgia and his wife, Amy, decided to invite us to go out and eat with them while we are here.... and in her words, "It could be awkward... but fun too". I'm excited about it though. I haven't ever really had an opportunity to get to know him, and he has been married for awhile now... obviously I knew nothing about that and have never met her. She seems super nice and so does he. I guess you could call this a "re-union"? Or maybe just a union would be more fitting since we have never really met. That's really sad, you know? All these years, I haven't known my own half-brother... very sad, really. I guess our parents didn't have a very good "separation" maybe.. I don't know. My mother and father just had nothing to say about my father's previous marriage and I never wanted to stir any feelings that may have been there. Like I said, sad..
But, I'm super excited and I think Kenneth is also. We are going to eat at what Amy referred to as "Flying Biscuit", I think it was.. an "Atlanta must-do". We will see how it goes but I hope it goes well and we have met another couple and family members that I may have otherwise never got the chance to meet.
Anyway, I'm gonna go.. this blog is turning into a much longer blog than I imagined that it would.
1 comment:
Its weird how things are orchestrated sometimes. Its almost like someone has His hands in it! I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys!
Post a Comment