Friday, August 22, 2008

When you preach to others, God uses your words as spiritual uplifting for your own life.

Today was the day Jenny and I decided to put aside to take a look at what needed to be completed for my bridal shower. It went well, I thought. We were definately in Zaxby's today for like an hour and a half. That's really good for us though. That was a quick little lunch. I remember when she moved to Tuscaloosa and we didn't get to see each other much. She came home one time and we met at a little Mexican restaurant and talked for hours...literally. I think we were there... pushing 5 hours. It seemed like time was passing by so fast and we didn't even begin to touch base on a lot of things. It's amazing how much you miss in a person's life and how long it takes to get "caught up". I'm glad, though, that those days have passed. I'm glad I am not working fulltime and going to school fulltime anymore. You don't realize how much you love those around you until you never get to see them. That's when it really gets old.
I graduated from Wallace on August 7th and have really enjoyed the past two weeks. I have been able to actually SEE my friends and not worry about how much I need to study for this test or that practical. I'm glad that's in the past. If only I can't keep all the studies in my memory long enough to pass my BOARD exam.. then I will actually have my license = YAY!
Isn't it funny how you can listen to others talk and feel so much better from hearing their problems. Sometimes I think I am the only person in the world struggling with problems. Then lo and behold, at lunch today, we discussed the fact that Jenny is going through the almost exact situation I am. Then she came home and blogged about it.
The situation I am referring to is that neither of us want to move to find a job. I am perfectly content with living in the same county I grew up in. The problem there is that no one goes off to school and then returns back to Walker County to find their 'dream job'. See, the reason for that being that there are no dream jobs in Walker County, neither will there be 20 years from now unless a whole lot of people start dying off or retiring because those that hold the jobs in Walker County and satisfied with holding a job 5 mins from home with a reasonably good paycheck coming in regularly. Therefore, the job hunting, which I admit I personally haven't done awhole lot of, is a slow process. I am concentrating on getting my license and then I will worry about the job search.
Jenny, on the otherhand, is between achieving majors and has been diligently seeking a job with no luck... a few hope-raisers but nothing that really showed any promise. So, as she is down and out about her situation, I give her the spill about how she is a child of God. "God is not planning your future day by day; he already knows what is coming along. He holds the future in his hands. We all sit and worry about what is going to happen if--- or what if--- doesn't work out? As children of the King we shouldn't worry about what lies ahead. If God had foreseen something bad coming down the road, he wouldn't have brought you this far to leave you. If it is meant to be, it will... and if not, God has a perfect plan for your life.. one he has designed and created just for you. We, therefore, should have faith, knowing that the Lord has our futures in his hands. Trust and be faithful that God will lead you through this time of worry and disarray and you will look back on these days and say, "Why would I ever doubt my Lord for my Lord can make a way. How foolish to have ever thought otherwise." And suddenly I realized the same things I was preaching to her, God was opening my own ears to. Those things that I commented about, God then sent to me and the answer to my doubts and worries about my own future. GOD CAN MAKE A WAY WHERE THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY.

1 comment:

DW said...

Good to see you got on board. Its amazing how you forget some of your day-to-day things that happen over a year. Amy and I go back and read old blogs every once in a while and laugh til we cry about an incident that we probably would have forgotten. Amy's Mom prints them out in color and gives them to her in an album each year at Christmas and it is incredible to have as a keepsake. Keep it up and you'll have hundreds of readers before long.
DW