Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

Being just hours from the turn of not only the year, but the decade, I thought I'd quickly reflect on the past year, 2009.
2009 has proven to be a pretty go-with-the-flow kind of year. Sure, there have been ups and downs but overall, looking back now, it has been a calm year.
Entering 2009 as a very newlywedded couple (we had been married less that a month), there has been many times Kenneth and I have had to take a step back and realize that there are things we are both learning about each other and how to not only become an adult out on their own, but a married couple. There has been many many things the 2 of us have learned along the way and, even more ahead of us to tackle as the time comes.
Not only have I celebrated our 1st year anniversary, but my first real job making money to pay my first real set of bills, other than my car payment I have had since I graduated. I was hired at a wonderful place of business and have had the opportunity to become very good friends with a great group of coworkers. My first boss as a LPTA took a new position at a clinic closer to home, leaving the whole group to mourn and wait in anticipation of who might take his place in the new year.
We took many trips over the past year.. Gulf Shores with the hubby in March, PC with friends in May, back to Gulf Shores in July with my family, and Gatlinburg with the hubby for our 1 year anniversary.. we saw a pretty big snow on our trips to the mountains as well as snow for the first time for Christmas!!
We have watched our 'baby girl', even if she is a four-legged, fur baby grow before our eyes and has become quite a smart little dog that is very playful and loving.
We have welcomed many members to our family as well as saying goodbye to others. We have splurged and not really done a great job with saving for the future but have enjoyed every minute of it, knowing that 2010 must be the year to pinch those pennies a little more. We have, however, let ourselves go a little more than we should have.. eating out at liberty and watching out exercise sessions go out the window.
I have countless times, sat and wondered where our lives are headed as we have both come to the realization that we are both extremely unhappy where we are currently living and where our lives reside at current time with the two of us working opposite shifts, finding it hard for the very things that a normal individual or couple would take for granted like sitting down and eating dinner together or simply getting to lay in the bed and talk just prior to falling asleep together. But, all in all, I believe we have done a good job hanging in there.
2010, seems to be the year, we hope, for change in our lives. There are many things I hope to start or complete in the coming year.
-Losing a significant amount of weight, exercising, and eating more healthy
-Setting back an "emergency fund" and getting back into our Dave Ramsey principles of finance
-Selling our house and saving for the future as Kenneth begins to take courses at a local college while still working his current position.
-Spending more time with my (and our) friends, as well as family
-Stay more on top of housework and cooking than I have over the past year
-Hopefully pulls ourselves out of our financial debt a little more than we are currently
and planning for a family when God sees fit.
-Taking a little more time for the things I enjoy like photography and scrapbooking and spending more time with my hubby doing the things we both enjoy instead of worrying about what needs to be done in our house.
-Being more faithful to praying and reading scriptures like I should
All-in-all it has been a great year, I hope for an even better one to come to both my family and yours!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a busy year! I hope 2010 is everything you want it to be, and more!

amy (metz) walker said...

You two have had a full and busy year! I can't imagine how it must feel to be working opposite shifts...that would be hard! Praying that changes for yall soon!

Thanks for your encouragment and love in the comment you left on my blog...we love yall too and are so thankful you and DW were able to connect after all these years! We will have to get together soon!

Be blessed in 2010!