As I am sitting here enjoying my [half burned] stramberry muffins and milk, I starting thinking about the Christmas season. I think sometimes we take for granted all the things in our lives. And, although this may seem like a Thanksgiving post a couple weeks late, I start reflecting on all the things I have to be thankful for this holiday season.
1. Although I don't take the time to be thankful for it sometimes, I am able to live because Jesus Christ died for each of us. I may get wrapped up in the day to day bustle, especially at the busy season of the year, but the truth remains that I would not be able to go through any of it without the Lord.
2. Although I don't frequently take care of my body like I should, I am alive and healthy for the most part. Yeah, I have sinus problems currently and I have gained quite a few pounds over the past couple years but I am still here and I should be more grateful and take better care of myself.
3. Although I may go awhile without seeing them at times, I have a wonderful group of people in my life. Both of my parents are still around and I have an amazing husband, great friends, and wonderful co-workers.
4. Although it may irk me and make me want to scream, I have a house to call home. I am not out on the streets under a bridge or in an alley. I don't have to bare the cold on nights like we have had recently where the temp drops below 30 degrees.
5. Although I may complain about going to work [especially on Mondays.. and Tuesdays.. and..] when I don't want to, I still have a job. I haven't missed any hours when others around me have been "laid off" at work or have lost their jobs completely. I am not out begging for food to survive.
6. Although we have lost a several individuals and I may not go as much as I should, I have a wonderful church family. There may have been trials and tribulations among some of the members as well as losing a pastor, we have held together and I can still say I am a member of NBC. When I need someone, for the most part, they will be there.
7. Not only am a blessed enough to have a car, but a 2009 model that is still under warranty and I pretty much don't have to work about it breaking down and stranding me somewhere and not having the money to fix it. Not saying that it won't, but it is a lot better than cars in the past and I am thankful for that.
8. Although I may fuss and have hubby call me out on me saying, "I don't have anything to wear", I do have clothes on my back and a very wide variety of them. Although they may be a little snug at times or not as new or fashionable as others might like, I can still stay warm and cozy where others may not be able to say to.
9. Although I might not be fond of opening the mailbox and there being bills upon bills awaiting me, I should be thankful that not only have hubby and I not had to miss a single bill, but that we are able to enjoy the items those bills represent that we are using every single day! Sure, I have a cable bill every month and it may have went up recently, but I am still able to enjoy my favorite tv shows; I may have a phone bill every month but I am also able to jump on the iphone at pretty much anytime and surf the web... and the best part is I have been able to pay for everything, able to enjoy them without falling behind with other bills.
And last but not least, as I wonder where this post came from..
10. Although I might be eating these half-burned strawberry muffins, that coincidently I have let get cold while I have been typing, I still have food on my table at every meal. Sometimes I might be wishing it were a steak.. or a burger.. or a fabulous dessert from my favorite restaurants when in reality it is a soggy bowl of my least favorite cereal, I still haven't gone hungry. And for that, I am truly blessed.
1 comment:
Great list. I totally agree.
Post a Comment