The other night, I sat with my nephew at the kitchen table from the time I got in from work until about 8:30 re-doing workbook pages, doing his math pre-test, studying for this spelling words, etc. Because that's how you do in fourth grade now. You don't get the homework done quickly so you can go play- apparently you do a problem, cry, scribble something down, cry when I erase it and tell you you didn't try on that one.. cry, cry, cry. You get the picture, right?
Anyway.. somewhere in the midst of this, we get to the bottom of a page where it says "On a separate sheet of paper...."
NEPHEW: oh, we don't have to do those. Mrs. Welch tells us to put an "x" on them.
MYSELF: That one doesn't have an "x" or anything and it's a good example so just tell me what the answer would be if you DID have to do it.
NEPHEW unhappily mumbles around until he realizes I am not going on until he gives it a good shot at the right answer.
Fast forward til last night, when we had another long session of fighting with said nephew about how he doesn't like math homework and just writes down a number to make it looks good.
While hubby is taking a turn at trying to get him to focus, I remember I was going to look back over the reading stuff he did in class so ensure it was done correctly... when I see, at the bottom of one of the pages, written in an enlarged version of his "I don't care what it looks like writing"... Keep in mind, this is the question like the above mentioned night of homework, only on a different story.. 
For those of you who have yet to try and decipher 4th grade boy handwriting, it says, and I quote "Do not do, Emily".
I bust out laughing as I walk off so that he doesn't know what I am laughing at.. I think to myself- Boy, do we have a smarty pants on our hands!!
1 comment:
Hahahahah!! Hilarious
Post a Comment