Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hide innocent eyes from this post, ladies.

I am standing down an aisle at our local Wal-mart, when two young girls walk up and stand just behind me. I didn't realize what section I was actually in until I hear a very thorough description of the difference between different kinds of condoms, what each feels like, and which one is preferred by said speaker. I look down and realize two shelves down from me are the various selections of condoms.

So, I slide over to give the customers a better view while I continue on with my shopping. As I turn to apologize, I get a look at 1. The mothers of above mentioned girls is in fact the one doing the describing... and 2. the girls look to be 9 and 12 (and I promise I am giving a littler because, really, the older of the 2 look about 10... but I realize that sometimes people look a lot younger than what they are, so we will give her a couple years and say she is about 12).

The woman is, in fact, getting condoms for at least the older girl to use because she asks her what she thinks and tells her to get just whichever one she wanted. I am standing there thinking, "is this for real?" As I wanted to badly to whip out the iPhone and take a picture of this situation.

I realize that children are getting more mature for lack of a better word.. at an earlier age, but seriously? Do you have to describe the sensations to your 12 year old? Is she that experienced- or are you wishing for her to be that experienced?!?

I am thinking about this, when I remember a friend of mine has a 14 year old who has told her of games that are played at parties these days. Some of you may know about this, but apparently they actually play games called lipstick where guys try to get the most colors from girls.. I'll let you fill in the missing parts there...

But, HELLO!! What is this world coming to? No more holding hands and being nervous.. the most brave at 12-13 were making out.. but seriously? Taking them to pick out their own condoms and letting them decide based on the feeling?!?

This just made me decide I should never have kids.. by the time they get that age.. you will have to start worrying about them being matured at 7!!

And again I say.. what is this world coming to?!?

5 comments:

J and A said...

I know it's so sad. Kids are growing up way too fast. I see girls and I mean young girls wearing outfits I would never dream of wearing. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, I am appalled by this story. People like this woman should not have kids, you are right, what on earth is the world coming to!

Cassie said...

OMG that is horrible! If my 12 year old asked me how it felt I would tell her how excruciatingly painful it is LOL

Jos said...

Oh my gosh, that is ridiculous!!

Drew's Mom said...

That's just wrong on SOOOO many levels. Wow... People should seriously have to have a license to have kids.