Friday, September 17, 2010

Isn't it funny...

..Where life leads you.

In November, I will turn a quarter of a century old (yes, I chose 1/4 of a century because it sounds better than 1/2 way to 50- don't judge me). By this time of my life, I imagined myself married, with a baby at least on the way but maybe even kicking and gooing already, financially stable, happy with whatever we needed or wanted.

Fast forward through those clouds of fantasy, and meet me at the reality part of the story where I am only succeeding in the married part. Though hubby and I bought a house just prior to tying the knot, we have since sold it and moved back in with my parents (reality check one). We are also living on a very tight income as hubby quit his job, started school, and is working 3 days a week for a pay cut from the last wage he was making (reality check 2,3, and 4).

While our current living condition has its perks- I actually get to have a husband now, and not a night shifter that I see on the weekends or when he comes to bed in the morning hours and starts snoring in my ear- it is not where I planned for my life to be at this point. Boy, does God have a way of showing you things sometimes.

I know that, as children of God, the hubster and I will be provided for and taken care of, but this 'not planned' life we are living leaves me on the edge more times than not. Today, as I go through spending my paycheck down to the dollars, holding my breath that there be more left over than imagined, I realized that God has taken care of us regardless of where we are and what we had planned, he has provided and I believe strongly that he will continue to do so.

Thank you, Lord, for all you've done for me. Thank you for seeing where I desired my life to be, but correcting it and moving it in to a position that lines up with your will. You know best, Lord, and I will trust in your unchanging hand as life changes so very quickly around us. Thank you for leading us in your will, and I pray that you continue to work in our lives and use to for your kingdom. Your trusting servant.

3 comments:

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

This is a great post!!

Jill said...

Awwww, what a sweet post! As long as you have love, what else really matters? Things will all work themselves out in time. The Lord has a way of making all our dreams come true in ways we never expected and I know he will for you too. Something tells me that good things are just around the corner for you!

Unknown said...

I understand completely. I had a different plan for my life and the reality is nothing like how it was going to be "in my mind."

God is good and I am blessed. Right now I am getting married in February, working part-time, and my fiance is waiting to find out if his job will be extended. Through it all we know that God is in control and has a better plan than we could come up with!