Thursday, November 15, 2012

Baby B is rocking and rolling.

My mother-in-law, hubby, and I went to the gender revealing ultrasound yesterday. I am 19 weeks, and was super stoked about finding out. Hubby was set for it being either a boy or a girl. I was leaning more toward hairbows and frilly dresses, and seems like the rest of our world did as well.

The UT (ultrasound tech is what I will call her) knew as soon as Baby B was on the screen that it definitely would need more footballs and fishing in it's future. That's right, Baby Russell will be all TEAM BLUE!! They are keeping my due date at April 9th. Though I may have had a small breakdown in the car on the way home (more because of fear that everyone else would be disappointed than myself), I am completely excited for this little one to be here!! I am so glad that God chose it to be a boy because his timing is perfect. I know that if it is meant to be, there is a Baby Girl in the future and we will wait patiently!! I wouldn't want it any other way, and I am TRULY TRULY thankful for God's blessing of a child that it doesn't matter to me!! God is truly amazing!

So, anyway, back to the ultrasound. In the days leading up to the ultrasound, I was scared they wouldn't see a baby. I was scared there would be something clearly wrong on the screen... alot of fears that I am sure most mommies to be have. But, as soon as the machine came on, Baby B made his appearance!! And boy was he showing out for the camera! The UT had a hard time getting him to be still. He kept rolling and kicking and everytime she wanted to see his little face, both hands came up to cover it. When she wanted to see his little male parts, he curled up and hid. When she wanted to take a picture, he rolled. So, that being said, there aren't a whole lot of pics of the day. None of them really turned out . This little stinker better learn that there will be pictures. He might as well go ahead and prepare himself because mommy is a photographer of everything. But one thing was clear, he is looking like a healthy baby. The only area we didn't get to see was the bottom of his face where those hands resided the whole time. He has a perfect little brain and spinal cord. He has his daddy's long legs for sure. And his heart is developing well and beating like CrAzY!!

So, since Baby B wanted to be a mover, and the UT didn't get good pics, I will leave you with the most current pic of baby, still in mommies belly!! Hope to have some better ones next time!!

1 comment:

Jos said...

Awh - congrats on your little boy!!