Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reflecting

As I sit here listening to hubby snoring in the bedroom, and the pups snoozing from their beds, I type by the light of our already up and decorated Christmas tree this morning. I am so excited that Christmas time is on its way. I am such a lover of this season. Though hubby thought it crazy to get the tree out last weekend, he willingly helped get it setup, and I have been enjoying me some early Christmas here in the Russell house! I love to sit with the lights dimmed and the Christmas tree burning. It's just so relaxing, and it automatically puts me into a better mood.

So, as I sit here this morning before I go for my monthly checkup, I realize just how blessed I am. With a little one on the way, an amazing husband, a great band of family/friends/pups, and anything I could need under the roof of our home, I know that I am truly one lucky girl. But, above all other things, I have a God that know exactly what you need and when you need it!! From times when I struggled with not being able to get pregnant, to miscarrying, to struggling with the "whys" of my mother getting sick and passing away before I was able to produce a grandchild for her to love on, I have been through some emotional times over the last few years. But, looking back at those dry deserts in my life, I know that God was preparing the blessing that hubby and I will soon to meet! He has preparing a special time, and a special bundle of joy that will be perfectly sculpted and formed just for the two of us. I am truly excited to know that I am halfway through this pregnancy... one more day closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. God is good!!





 
Hubby and I have been getting our practice in the meantime. From  cradling newborns every chance we get, to loving on these adorable bundles of love we call nephews, we are loving some baby time. And, just take a look at this amazing bundle of joy that I am lucky enough to call my nephew?? I don't get to see this little buddy of mine nearly as much as I would like to, but let me tell you, do I love the times that I do get??? He is known as Mr. Personality at his daycare, and this picture only slightly begins to give that name justice..

Through this time in our lives, I reflect back at all the people who have been there for Kenneth and I and I am truly overwhelmed with emotion. We have been blessed with more people that I could have ever imagined that have been there to strengthen us, to help us along the way. We have some amazing people that we are privileged enough to 'do life with' and that they wish to 'do life' with us  as well.






One example of such, is this little token as I got to work after finding out our little bundle of joy would be a boy. (sidenote: PLEASE IGNORE ALL THE CLUTTER ON MY DESK. IM A SLACKER). You know, it doesn't take a lot of money or anything fancy just to show that while you were away, someone thought about you. While you were celebrating, they were too. This was left for me by not only my boss, but a very special friend. She has been so good to me over the time that I have worked for the company, and I know I am truly blessed to have her in my life!!





 

So just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all of the people who have been a part of our lives. You have all been extra supportive, and have helped us through the times that we felt we couldn't help ourselves through. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! We love you each and everyone!!



No comments: