Thursday, November 15, 2012

Catching up on the pregnancy.

This week I am 19 weeks.

People have been asking the details of my pregnancy, and I feel like I've kinda been a BLAH kinda preggo. For the first 3-4 months I was sick everyday for the entire day. I was not a pretty sight. I would wake up sick and go to bed sick. Not a pretty sight. But when I started into my 2nd trimester, I started getting to the sick first thing and then sick at supper with the exception of some days when I was nauseated all day and would have to get a co-worker to watch my patients exercise program while I made a run to the restroom. But, I am seeing where it is more come and go now. Thank you Lord!!

I go to the doctor today for my monthly checkup, and will have a better number, but my estimate is that I have lost 33 pounds since I found out. Yep, good to lose, but not necessarily the way my body has chosen to do so.

I have been soooo tired! Over the past few weeks, it has been nothing for me to sleep. It was the only time I got relief from the sickness. But, as the sickness has become more scattered, I am seeing that I am getting a little more energy back. I am also seeing that my internal clock wakes me up at 5:00am (sometimes way earlier). One night last week, I woke up at 1:00am and couldn't go back to sleep.... just thinking about what needs to be finished, what we haven't even thought about, etc.

I also have been having some heart racing spells. I already have a naturally higher heartrate, but last week I drove into work, placed my purse down and had a coworker check my vitals. I felt like I was catching my breath and that my heart rate just "didn't feel right". Sure enough, I checked it and it was 125 just resting there. Blood pressure good, oxygen rate good, but heart rate high. It settled down after an hour or so and I felt fine.

I have had some occasional feet throbs at the end of the day, and have been suffering with some SIJ problems, but that is nothing new as I had those back problems prior to the pregnancy.

So, that's about it. No crazy cravings for you. Nothing out of the ordinary here.
Maybe better news in the weeks to come. Hope you have a fantastic Thursday!!

No comments: