Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Goals.

Every year we make goals. Every year unreached goals go out the window.

This year, I braved it all and set forth resolutions for 2011. Midway through the second week of January, I look back and realize I am failing miserably at my vows.

No excuses for my actions... or lack thereof, but it's time to step it up.

See for the past year, I have let myself go, so to speak. I did really good at the beginning of 2010 when I participated in Scaleback Alabama, losing 18 lbs in 10 weeks. As the competition ended, so did my newly found healthy habits. I slowly got off the bandwagon of healthy eating and exercise. After finding out I was expecting in the late fall of 2010, I ate what I wanted, I got no exercise partly because I was pregnant- who needs to eat healthy... and partly because I was scared to exercise to the point of raising my heartrate thinking I would harm the baby.

After miscarrying, for reasons I deemed out of my control, I went through a very depressed stage.. not caring about my body. I look in the mirror and it gets worse and worse from my own eyes. So, what do I do? I let myself go again. After gaining back my weight lost in the Scaleback program plus some, I have now found myself at a stage where I do not want myself nor my husband to see what lies underneath my clothing. Although he says nothing about the changes my body has definately undergone, I know myself otherwise.

So, looking back at the goals for 2011, I realize I am a long way from the goals for my health and wellness and that I have made no leap nor bound since making this resolution. I will not use my sickness over the past 2 weeks as an excuse as to why I have failed to reach toward beginning my work toward goals I wish to achieve. I will, instead, look at ways to begin the process.

Weight Watchers has been a successful weightloss program for me in the past. My goal for 2011 is to join the program again, as well as start a workout regimen that I can keep up. I will eat the meals I have planned for the remaining days this week and will start my online membership to Weight Watchers on Sunday!! Here's to a more healthy 2011.

3 comments:

J and A said...

You can do it!!! :)

Shannon said...

Good for you! You're not alone out there though. I just saw pictures of me tagged on FB from Christmas and I thought, "Please don't tell me my boobs are sagging like a grandma and I have a round belly... It must be the sweater." Well, it ain't the sweater. I have to get new bras because these aren't cutting it and I have to get back to running and eating better! So today, after work, I'm running in the frigid snow. Yes, I'm crazy. LOL And I probably just overshared! ha!

Elle Sees said...

count me in! i gained 40 lbs after being unemployed for almost a year. well, i've had a job since august, and well, no excuse!