From the time I was a small girl, there have been times throughout the year I anticipate. My birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving... you know, all the importants. But, as a small child, I patiently awaited those days of the year when school was cancelled, stores once lined with people in search of milk and bread were now closed, and families everywhere celebrated the day together at home because everything in town, including the roads, were closed down... Ahh, the dear memories of Snow Days!!
Today, I got the chance to reflect back on those snow days of the past as hubby and I spent the day in the same one stopsign town, in the same house I fondly grew up in, on the same land where I snow after snow, entertained myself for hours without end.
We spent the day sliding down hills on floats,
battling in the snow,
creating some awesome well, errr..interesting snow angels...
and making some mighty tasty snow cream,
we decided the end to this awesome day would require hot chocolate
lounging the afternoon away in our pjs and comfy bed .
Today, I realize, has served as an awesome reminder of memories of the past while making new memories for the future
all with the ones that I love most!!
Happy SNOW DAY from my family to yours!!
1 comment:
so glad you had fun!
and go ducks!
Post a Comment