I was just sitting here thinking that I haven't been blogging so much the past few days. I assure you that it is not that I am going to quit, but more along the lines of the fact that I am fed up with my internet.. it has gotten to the point that I can do nothing cool anymore.. like upload new pics, download songs, etc.. whatever. Hence, the reason I refuse to live in Po-dunk Alabama when Kenneth and I get married. I mean, I know that Jasper isn't just awesome-ly great or anything, but at least you can get wireless/high-speed internet or CABLE for crying out loud ( not that DirectTV doesn't suit me just fine - not the point).
But, anyway, in my lack of blogging, I realized I forgot to mention the fact that Kenneth's great-grandmother passed away Tuesday. They had her viewing at the funeral home last night and then the actual funeral was today. It was today, as I was sitting in the little church where they held the ceremony, that I remember just how much I hate funerals. I know that this was a woman that I never had the privilege to meet, but still, I cried everytime a song came on. I guess it is just the music makes you think about, not just the loved one who has just passed, but all those who have already gone on. It is a very sad time.. even for those, like me, who didn't really know the individual.
After the viewing last night, Kenneth and I went over to his older brother, David's house to hook my laptop up to his internet because their mother had asked me to download the songs they wanted to use at the funeral today.. and it was far easier for me to just use my laptop that I am accustomed to using than to try and figure out their computer at home. Anyway, we went over there and downloaded the songs.. 1)Brad Paisley- When I Get Where I'm Going, 2) Vince Gill- Go Rest High On That Mountain and 3)Alan Jackson- Sissy's Song (which I had never heard, but, as it turns out, it was a pretty good song, despite the fact that it made everyone bawl even more than they already were).
I must take the time now to discuss my findings on the family.. when the obitutiary( i know that doesnt look right..) was read, she(Grandma Madison) had(this is probably not gonna be right, but it will be close enough for the effect I am shooting for) a huge family. By huge, I mean, 9-10 children living and one deceased... like 49 grandchildren... and like 30ish great-grandchildren...and to be quite frank, I got caught up on the large numbers to pay attention whether she had any great-great-grandchildren already. I would think not, but I am not sure to be honest.
Coming from what I thought was a large family, I must say that my version of a large family doesn't even COMPARE to this. By a large family, I would mean that my mother had 7 sisters and that all of them have at least one child.. most with at least 2 children who have produce at least one(some 4) grandchildren a piece. Let me take a second here and add this up... Grandtotal:(if my they were all alive still)My grandmother on my mother's side would have- 8 kids, 17 grandkids, and 16 great-grands not including an spouses. That just blows my mind. Don't take this inappropriately but someone has been busy to produce that many, right? Or am I just being naive... maybe most families are this large.
So now I pose the question... how does your family add up?
3 comments:
I know what you mean. My family use to be so small and no we can barely fit into my granny's house.
We don't have the big family like that...just me and my brother. I guess that kind of thing happens when you don't have a television in your bedroom - ha!
I have to admit, if I struck it rich at some point, though, I was be a poor man's version of Brad and Angelina. If we had the money, I'd have 5 kids stat! I always love the chaos of big families (that get along anyway) at holidays and stuff like that!
So, on my mom's side, one grandmother with 4 kids (7 including husbands and wife), and 4 grandkids. On my dad's, we've got my Granny and Papa, my dad and 2 uncles, 8 grandkids, and 3 great-grandkids. So mine's pretty small, but the noise level makes it seem so much larger...lol.
Post a Comment