Kenneth and I got our engagement pics done yesterday. We did them at 9am because we figured the sun would treat us the best early in the morning (we did outside pictures). What we didn't think about was the fact that my cousin was taking the pics and we had a lot in mind so by the time we got to some of the really cute ones, the sun was right in our faces. I thought I was the only one that made bad squinty eye faces outside, but when the sun got to us I realize that Kenneth's faces are just as bad as mine. But, anyway.. the pics turned out pretty good, minus the sun-in-our-faces pictures. We are going to try and make some more at a different time so that the sun won't be an issue.
Speaking of Kenneth, he is gone to Atlanta right now for training classes through work. He left yesterday after we took our pictures. Normally, right now, I would be going crazy, knowing that he is nowhere close to me and that he won't be for a week. However, we had a great weekend in my opinion. We did nothing really big, but it was just a kinda chill weekend. I spent Friday with mom. We went to pick up her check from work and then went grocery shopping. Kenneth met us at Zaxby's for a quick lunch and then had to head off to Bryan's house (his friend who just had a wreck and needed help getting his stuff out of his probably-totaled truck). We finished up and headed home and I just lazed around. On Saturday, I spent a long time outside with the dogs and then Kenneth came over for a bit while I got ready to go out. We ended up going to eat at Jim N Nicks and then going to his brother's hosue to watch the Alabama game. I had declared this weekend to be my weekend and that we weren't doing anything with his friends. It's not that I don't like his friends b/c I love them all to death, but it gets a little old for me sometimes goin every weekend to watch a football game, etc with the guys. I need to spend couple time sometimes.. to be around guys who have real girlfriends or fiances and responsibilities. So we went to his brother's so that we could spend some time with him and his gf Amber and kenneth's nephew Kayden. Their mom, stepdad, and brother ended up coming over also so it turned out to be a family affair. It was a lot of fun, especially since Alabama won against Georgia, which moved them up to the #2 spot in the polls. Wonderful, just wonderful!
Yesterday, we took those pics and then came home and Kenneth laid beside me on the bed and talked while I paid some bills on the puter. We went out sat on the porch and talked with mom until it was time for Kenneth to leave for ATL. And, surprised we both were that I didn't cry.. not one tear! when he left. I think this chill weekend was exactly what I needed to prepare me for him being gone this week.
1 comment:
Glad you had a good weekend together. And reading about Zaxby's made me want their Texas Toast really bad!
Post a Comment