Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sometimes, I.Could.KILL...







These absolutely ADORABLE puppies have made me mad today..














You see, they have grown up to become big dogs and decided to bark all.night.long last night.

They have gotten big and mom is wayyy against having a dog, let alone 2 dogs, in the house so they are in a pen beside our house. We have recently made it bigger as they have gotten bigger so they really love it... EXCEPT when it rains- which it has done in Bama for two.days.straight.

That much rain only leads to mud in their pen.. MUD=2 very unhappy dogs. So we got to listen to it all night last night. I got NO SLEEP whatsoever... but what are you going to do about it in the middle of the night while it is raining on and off?

So this morning, I go out and check on them and what do I see?

Delilah, black-and-white.. standing in mud... (and a lot of it) whining as pitiful as she could.... and Dixie, tan was on top of the doghouse barking as loud as she could....














Why are they standing there at 6:45 in the morning instead of sleeping like good little doggies? Because they decided yesterday they were going to kick all the mud from the ground into their doghouse... and when it was time to go to bed they decided it had been a bad idea b/c now they had NOWHERE to lay down (mine and Kenneth's dog are waaayyy spoiled and refuse to lay down in the dirt-- which I can't say that I would want to either)...
So, long story short, I decide I feel sorry for them (at 6:45 this morning) and I can't get the top off of their doghouse so I am going to big their wooden doghouse that we used to use (that is raised so that the mud and rain won't get in) in their pin... the dogs get out in the process and get mud ALL.over.me-- I mean, by the time I was done, it was not bed time, but shower time... Anyway, I get the doghouse in and the dogs are running around like crazies. Delilah, is very stubborn like her momma (or so Kenneth says) decides she is going to run up the hill through a trail to my brother's house and Dixie is running around the yard and has it stuck in her head that she is not getting close to me because she knows what is about to happen if she gets close enough to me... and there was NO WAY she was getting in that dogpen.
I started bawling because I have had no sleep, I am the only one at home now, Dixie won't get in the pen and Delilah has ran off to God only knows where b/c I hadn't seen her in like 10 mins while I was trying to catch Dixie. So, I call Kenneth(who works nightshift and hasn't been in the bed long) CRYING and telling him my problems and what HIS dogs have done(because when they are bad they are his, but when they do something good, they are mine)... and as he is about to drive 30 mins on little sleep to try to catch them for me, I look and they are both in the dogpen looking at me.. just like the above picture probably wondering why I am crying.. and why I haven't closed the door on their pen yet (because, afterall, they are both standing in the pen like good little doggies just waiting on me to close their door)...
LOL, it's funny now, but at the time I wanted to load them up in the truck and take them to the Human Society.

No comments: