Monday, September 22, 2008

Stress is a killer.

The weekend has been ok. Saturday, Kenneth and I went to Jerad's to watch the AL game with him and Kinlee, his little girl. I had fun playing with Kinlee because she is sooo sweet. I love her to pieces! Alabama won against Arkansas which was a plus. We came home and played with the dogs outside and then came in to watch the Auburn/LSU game. Auburn lost, which made Kenneth super happy. It was a good game even to me.
Sunday, we went to church and then went to belk to register. It took a little longer than expected because there was a bridal expo going on.. and there new system for registering STINKS! The scanner they gave us wouldn't work and the guy who was supposed to be helping was not doing his job.. long story short, we went to the counter to let them know that nothing was scanning correctly. He came to scan the same barcodes that we had already done and got the same message that we already got (that the bar code was going to scan b/c the scanner was stupid) and then he hands us the scanner back(still not working) and says "Ok, if you guys need any more help, just let us know." Kenneth and I just stood there like- did that just happen? He absolutely didn't help at all, but then leaves us there with a scanner that doesn't work- and that he knows doesn't work- and tells us if we need help to ask... ummm ok. But, anyway, we got the prob fixed and finally got registered which was good, considering the fact that my bridal shower is oct. 25th and the invitations will be going out soon.
Anyway, we went to church and then when we got back, Kenneth and I had a much needed conversation that made me feel a lot better. We have slowly slipped into habits and routines, which was making both of us unhappy and neither of us were saying anything.. I read a post from Amy about a book she read in college. Long story short, it stated that people love and need to be loved in different ways. Kenneth is a 'physical touch' kinda person, while I am more 'quality time'. I haven't been getting my quality time lately, which leads to Kenneth not getting his 'physical touch' because the most we do lately is hold hands.... not cuddling, little kisses.. we just have not been very happy. So, we talk about things and how we have all been under so much stress lately.
What is there to be stressed about? I am making no money. We need a house because we will be getting married in 2 1/2 months. Kenneth's credit is ok, mine is a little better, but still may not be enough to get approved. I have a truck payment due before my first paycheck comes in and mom is not going to make it because she only agreed to help until i graduated. Kenneth's grand passed away, as well as, his truck getting a big dent in it and his bumper messed up. We have tons of things to do for the wedding. Will we have enough money for the wedding? Will we have enough money for a house?.. Kenneth's job is not looking very positive lately and you never know when they are going to come in and fire you. Kenneth is not getting the much needed raise he was up for because he will be getting a cost of living raise instead and they don't do 2 raises.. which was way not fair. AHH!!
Ok, this could go on all day, and we have an apt. to look at a house so I gotta go and get a shower.. im running late already. more later.

No comments: