Friday, September 12, 2008

Gas prices = wow!

So, I got a call from my mother today and she told me that I need to go and get some gas in my truck (because she knows that I am always on empty.. I see no point in getting gas if I am not going to be driving anywhere).. so apparently gas prices are going up AGAIN! I remember when I first got my license, gas prices were nowhere near $3.00/gallon.. and they have been around the $3.50 mark around my house lately... now my mom is telling me that by the time she gets off of work that the gas stations around there are going to be $4.50 a GALLON! Are you kidding me? To make things worse, had I not gone and got gas when she called I would be leaving my truck sitting in the yard on empty because the gas stations in our small town and the next town over are ALL sold out! That is just plan ridiculous. And my mom is running around the house saying, " I need to go get gas, dont you think? What if everyone runs out and I don't have any to get to work on next week..." That's what's wrong, mother, people over-reacting like you are doing right now when they have enough gas to get by and running out to the gas pump and sitting in a 30-min line just to get gas at a cheaper price (I know, I have already said I went to the gas station and got gas, but that is because I had ZERO gas in my truck.. not because I went hysterical like everyone else around here).
So, anyway.. when I went to get gas, the prices were up to $4.00 here and expected to be climbing.. we will see just how far they rise..? $4.50? $5.00? Time can only tell.

No comments: