Monday, September 1, 2008

It's been a few days

So, yes, I do realize that I have been unfaithful these past few days... so I decided to send out an update.... but no time for proofreading, so maybe you'll manage stumbling through my mistakes.
It has been a good few days.. Thursday was my first day home from our trip and Kenneth dropped me off at home and stayed a bit before deciding he was sick of me and went home (Haha- jk, he was going home to see his fam). Anywho.. he went home and it was even an hour that passed before he called to tell me that Cordova's first football game was that night. (See, we had just talked about the fact that last year he had to go without me because I had to work every weekend last year... and now this year, he works nightshift so he will be missing all the games... but because he had "school" for work on thurs, he wouldn't have to work that night). So what did, I do.. drove right back to Cordova and went to watch the game of course. I was very excited! It was a good game and I got to see a lot of friends that I haven't gotten to see in a long time. Even though it was completely weird--- (side explanation- Kenneth as a friend, Marc, who was married to Wendy and they have 2 kids together but recently decided they want a divorce and are both seeing new people. Both Marc and Wendy, who aren't yet divorced, were at the game sitting on the same bleacher with their new "lovers" to be simple... it was very odd to me and Kenneth because we haven't seen them in quite sometime and, whether things were ok with them or not, it was just a little uncomfortable because me and Kenneth are friends with both of them and neither of us wanted to speak to one of them more than the other or make one of them mad at us.... this was only a small fraction of the weirdness but it was all along the same lines-- only with a few more of our friends). Nonetheless, we still enjoyed ourselves and we both had a very good time.
Friday, I spent recooperating from our trip.. and fighting with mom, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.
Saturday, we went to a friends house and watched the Alabama/Clemson game-- ROLL TIDE! Alabama made me proud, very proud.
Sunday, we went riding four-wheelers in the strip-pits around Cullman County... usually not my kind of thing, but I rode in Kenneth's friend Bryan's razor with him. It was a lot of fun... I got more muddy and dirty than I think I ever have in my whole life,.. but it was worth it because I haven't had any real adventure or fun in a long time... then we went to David (Kenneth's brother) to eat for his bday, which is the 2nd.
---- Insert funny story. Well, this shouldn't be a funny story... but it is nonetheless, but he ended up being okay. My father has slowly become an alcoholic over the years (not a good way to start a funny story, but hey, background info)... he has never been one to flaunt his beer (and it is only beer, might I add here, around or drink in front of me and my mom (he stays in his garage working on cars when he drinks) nor has he ever really been abusive or anything like that. He simply drinks what he wants and then comes in and goes to bed. Anywho-- I receive a call when we are heading home and it is my mother informing me that my dad decided to go to a family member's house, where they were having a early Labor Day party, apparently, and my dad had a 'little' too much to drink. She was asking me to stop by there and try to talk him into letting me drive him home and Kenneth to drive his car home because there were cops sitting everywhere with it being a holiday weekend. So, I agreed. Little did I know that my dad had drank so much.. and not only his usual Natural Light (I guess that is what it is.. you will see that I am not much of a drinker...) but some red whiskey also. Remember, I said he drinks beer only? Well, I guess I saw the reason for that after this experience... We pull up and see all these grown men and women in my dad's cousins garage with the music (oldies type stuff) blaring and them all dancing(or I guess that is what you could call it)... all drunk you could obviously could tell. Never having been to my cousins garage before, me and Kenneth decided to just stand there and take in the show.. until my dad, who had been staring at me while he was "dancing" for about 2 mins straight finally realizes who I am and gets this huge grin on his face.. he comes stumbling over and tries to get me to dance (HA--- not a dancer and definately not to this music nor with a drunk man, even if it was my father... ) Long story short, me and Kenneth are trying to talk him into letting us take him home when he starts stumbling backward down the slant of the driveway and loses his balance and falls flat on his back(or head would be more like it).. He bites a chunk out of his tongue and busts his head wide open. (Background, my father has had his share of heart attacks and as a result, he is on blood-thinner... and alcohol, which is like bloodthinner in a can). He is gushing blood everywhere, but given the situation he had placed himself in, he felt nothing and insisted on driving himself home and was convinced he was riding home with anyone and that he was fine... he felt fine... he'll be alright... anyway, after standing him by the truck with about 50 different hands holding him and shining lights and applying pressure to the blood shooting out of his head and checking his mouth to see that it was ok and fighting him to keep him front getting in his own car and just plain fighting him because liquor apparently makes him want to kick everyones tail... I finally flat out told him that if he didn't get his "insert badword" into Kenneth's truck and quit fighting us off that I was calling not only the ambulance but the police and he could fight them while he got his head stitched up and explain why he smelled like he had been drinking and why he was in the shape he was in and that type thing... he finally agreed and we took him home for him to bleed all over our house (no hospital because my father would have choked himself with the seatbelt before he will go to the doctor because he doesn't need anyone else's help and doesn't want anyone else to have to "hassle" over him).... so we did as he wanted and he bled himself to sleep, I suppose, with my mother checking on him every 5 mins through the night... After his reminding us every 5 secs the night that he was "ok... I feel just fine... quit making a fuss over this... I can't feel a thing.. I promise I feel fine..." he got up this morning long enough to eat breakfast and his first quote to me "I'm going back to bed.. my head hurts and I feel like "Insert bad word #2". (HaHa... had this been at another time, this would have been where I said "I told you so". And as my 'longer than i thought it would be' story draws to a close, here's a word of wisdom--- drinking is STUPID, especially when you are 51 years old and your daughter has to come and pick you up so that you won't drive home.... but on a lighter and brighter note, I think this may have knocked a little sense into him- no pun intended. He didn't drink anything the next day and apologized for putting me through that and said that he wasn't ever doing that again... that it wasn't worth it... and he was too old for that sort of stupidity.... anyway, back to my past few days.....
Monday, Labor Day, we went to Kenneth's brother's house again and they grilled and made some lunch for us. I was a fun time. I got the opportunity to enjoy the company of his family, which is never a dull time.
Tomorrow? I plan to get up and STUDY STUDY STUDY because I take my Board exam on Thursday (So EVERYONE PRAY). And then, I'm looking in my purse to get my cell phone out and lo and behold-- Kenneth's wallet. So, I must now make a trip to his house in the morning to bring him his wallet so that he wont have to waste the gas in his trip(his is more expensive than gas for mine)... that, and I need to bum off the Walmart internet connection while I am there to register to take my last test before I can get my license (and just pray that there is a slot open for me to take it before... let's say, November??).
But, yes, I have had a good weekend and I hope that things are gonna look up from here.

4 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

WHOA, I can totally see how it would be awkward for you to sit with those friends who are with other people that aren't their spouses. I don't know what I would do actually!

I'm sure we'll come home for a game and you'll have to come with me! Interested?

And yes...those were the pants he sewed!!!!

amy (metz) walker said...

Btw, where are ya'll going on your honeymoon?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...I can truly say I have been in that situation before, and you don't want to laugh because it's your dad, but then again, you think, I'm 22 years old, and I have the sense not to do stuff like that, so you do too...so then it's funny, because they brought it on themselves. Man...funny stuff...you handled it the same way I would, which doesn't surprise me. LOL

DW said...

Wow...that sounds like it was an awesome Labor Day night! Maybe he learned his lesson!