Just an update on the current situation.
Kenneth's great-grandmother that I posted about earlier (had a stroke the end of last week that left her brain-dead on one side, complete paralysis on the right side, and blind in one side)... she will be staying in the hospital a few more days while they get the arrangements made through hospice to send her home. They were unable to put a feeding tube in and told the family that they estimate she will make it about 2 weeks, if that long. They plan to send her home and make her last days as comforting as possible. It is a said situation, but honestly, I would rather her pass than to spend any longer in pain or as a practical vegetable the rest of her life if it were my relative.
I have never seen her before (Kenneth has never really introduced me to his mother's side of the family much... regardless of the reasons, he never really sees them that much either) and it was very awkward to be there at the hospital over the weekend. I was surrounded by people that I had never seen before, and quite frankly, they didn't seem to care if they had ever met me before. It was very awkward to be there, but I am pretty positive I would have felt even worse had I not gone. Kenneth's mother was extremely upset and even if Kenneth didn't show it, I'm sure he felt pretty bad on the inside. I felt I needed to be there for him.. just in case he needed me.
Long story short, even if the situation between the family isn't ideal right now, I ask you all to pray the best for this family.. I know how times like this can make the worst come out in people. I just ask you to pray that her heart is in the right condition and that the family does what is best.
No comments:
Post a Comment