I realize from time to time that when I get stressed I tend to over-eat. Or maybe I just eat those things that I know I shouldn't and I don't try to talk myself out of it. This week has been one of those weeks.
After the day I had yesterday, when everything seemed to go wrong, I know that I ate wayyy not that way I should have, so I have decided that starting tomorrow, which will be 9 weeks and 2 days until my wedding that I will not let my emotions control my eating habits. I will start eating better and I will stop myself from over-eating just because I think it will make me feel better, because honestly, it never does. I just eat whatever and don't think about it.. and then it hits me that I shouldn't have eaten that or that I ate way too much.. and then the regret hits.
So, starting tomorrow, I will be going on a diet.. well, not so much a DIET because I know that when I say diet I have lost the battle from the start. Diets are no good. Instead, I will eat healthier, I guess, and I plan to start exercisins more like I used to instead of being a lazy bum all day long. When I start my job I will go back to working out on my lunches and that type thing.. but until then I will go for my walks and will eat better.
My thoughts are that it will make me feel better and feel better about myself and my body, which I could use going into my wedding. I can't really lose a lot of weight before I get married because I already have my dress and it is already getting altered, but I can, however, feel better in my own skin. Working out and exercising (I used to run) always made me feel so good about myself and it gets addicting after awhile. I plan to get back in that habit, and I expect each of you to hold me to that vow.
3 comments:
You too huh? I am an emotional eater, too. If I'm depressed, stressed, excited - whatever - if there is chocolate or cheese dip around - it's MINE. :) But, starting today, I've started the watching what I eat and I hid my scale. No weighing till Nov 1st. Oh, and between you and me, I'm wearing one of those gurdle things today too...It makes me not want to over-eat - which I do alot. I swear, if I didn't run as much as I do...I'd weigh more than my husband by atleast a good 100lbs LOL. Kidding, but I do eat like a man - sometimes more than my hubbie.
Good luck - today is day 1 - and it's one day at a time! We'll keep you motivated!
I hear you girl! I haven't been working out lately, since I've started my new job and I can feel it!
I'm a huge comfort-eater myself! I feel ya!
Post a Comment