Sunday, October 12, 2008

Seriously, is it too late to elope?

So, today was the official 'talk about the wedding' day with my cousin and aunt(who my mother has taken on board to help decorate the wedding). I love them both to death, don't get me wrong, but today did absolutely NOTHING to make me feel better about what I needed to do and what needed to be done, and more importantly, who was going to help me get this all accomplished.
They brought my cousin's daughter(age 7) and my aunt's daughter and gradn-daughter(age 1) with them.. not only them, but also my nephew(age 8) and my sister-in-law who talks entirely too loud and doesn't mind to interrupt you or talk over you was there. So, the whole time we tried to talk, there was complete MADNESS and I was frustrated before we even got good and started talking about it. AHHH! I wanted to scream at everyone and tell them to all shut-up and listen to me!! My cousin and aunt were playing the 'it's your wedding' card.. which is great and wonderful except for the fact that i have never done this before and I have no clue how things would look the best. I.need.advice.here.people. I very much needed someone to just say "hey, i will take care of the flowers because I know that you are stressed and that you don't really like putting an arrangement together" (we are using artificial flowers up front). Just things like that, you know. We are just getting started with this whole planning thing (or rather, they are just deciding to join the train, because I have been idea-gathering and buying a little bit of stuff all along). So, I am already so frustrated with these people and their methods of planning, or rather, not planning... and they method of giving ideas with no backup of what I need to get to make these ideas happen, nor who is going to help me get them going.
Everyone has said how horrible it is to plan a wedding, and looking at the situation now, I wonder.. is it too late to just elope?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's never to late to elope, but I don't think you'd be happy with yourself down the road if you did! :) What colors are going to be used in your wedding? What type of flowers are your favorite? I can send you some pictures for arrangements, to give you some ideas! I planned our ENTIRE wedding on my own - so I know the feeling of not having a clue what to do because there are too many choices, etc. So, if you need some help or have questions, feel free to ask!! I'll try to help as much as I can!