So, Kenneth, like I mentioned before, is in Atlanta or work this week.
I talked to him at about 4:00 my time and I kinda figured he would call me back after he took his shower and stuff before they went out to get some food. He didn't call, but I got busy tutoring my nephew, which is a story within itself..and I didnt call him either. I decide I will just wait until he calls b/c he should be calling soon, I say at about 7:00. I start reading a book I bought, "90 minutes in heaven", and I read all about this man's horrible car accident and all of a sudden Kenneth crosses my mind and how I haven't talked to him yet. I send him a text to see what he is doing b/c I am not going to bother him if they're busy doing something. No reply, I wait 10 mins and call his phone, not b/c I don't trust him, etc.. but b/c I am worried. It was a bad idea to start reading this book when Kenneth is away, but it was my stupidity and I'm just over-reacting. I wait and still no call, so I call him again and it rings and then goes to voicemail so I leave him a voicemail telling him to call me asap. I wait again and no response.. I send text message b/c I am really worried at this point and tell him so and for him to call me as soon as he gets this. Still no response. Kenneth never goes anywhere without his phone and it is 11:00 his time right now. Last night he was at the hotel in the bed before 9.
I get online to try to clear my head and quit thinking the worst. After I have done everything else except my blog-surfing for the night, I decide to balance our checkbook because he has been away and he deposits the money into our checking acct that his work gives him to eat on. He hasn't been here so I am a little behind on all the charges he has spent since Sunday. I sign-on to our checking account and my worry somewhat builds to worrying with a large amount of frustration because I have been sitting here for well over an hour plus thinking absolutely the worst.. and he has been at Hooters, I can see from the charge that has already cleared (gotta love debit cards and store software these days). Seriously, though, where is your cell phone, Mr. Russell and are you really ok? Should I be relieved that I know you have been at a restaurant or should I still be worried b/c that means you have already paid.. and where are you now?
I assure you that I am really not this spastic. I knew I shouldn't have started reading that stupid book (it really is a pretty good book that I didn't want to put down, but given the circumstances, I will call it stupid) while Kenneth is out of town and will doing all the driving this week. ARGH! Please call soon.
1 comment:
Ugh. It sucks when your other half is out of town and you cant get ahold of them. I had that same problem with my hubbie when he went to SF last week. Your mind can't help but think the worst and then I get mad when I've been worrying and then see a charge on the bank account for somewhere fun.. I get frustrated knowing that I'm sitting here thinking the worst, while he's out having fun and not checking his phone... Ahh the joys of men. It's just a communication error - when he does call (and I'm sure he will/did) just let him know how worried you are and that if something HAD happened, you wouldn't have been able to get ahold of him...
Hang in there.
Post a Comment