Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Still blessed

SO, I realize how frustrated I was when I posted last and how I really rambled on and on. I do that quite frequently actually, and I apologize to all of you guys that have to read it.. LOL.
So, to lighten the mood after yesterday's blog I decided to write a little happier blog today. Let's take some time to enlighten myself on all of the good things going on in my life right now:
First and foremost, I am alive. God has given me another wonderful day; a day in which I spent with my kenneth before he went to work. We talked about a little bit of the wedding stuff that is left to do, and then we headed out to play with the puppies a bit while it had stopped raining for a few mins. After he left, I took some advice from you wonderful readers and went through my planner and wrote down one thing on each day for the next few weeks and decided that I will concentrate on that one thing only. If I have time to do something else, I will work on the next day's item, and if not then I am not behind. And if something happens and I don't get today's done, that is ok too. This wedding is going to happen regardless.. and if this is the house for us, then we are going to get it. If we don't have a thing at all purchased when we get the house and we have to sleep in our sleeping bags on the floor, then we will, but life will still go on (LOL. It's not that bad because we actually do have a bed, it may be a girly bed and that may be the only thing that we will have, but we will have a bed).
SECONDLY, I am engaged to the most wonderful guy in the whole wide world. After yesterday's blog, I hope that I didn't make him out to be a bad guy or anything. He is great and awesome and I love him with my whole heart. He makes me smile everytime I see him and I know that he feels the same. Even though I go through my days, like yesterday, when things don't quite go my way, I know that if I can just get to him.. just wrapped up in his arms, everything will be ok.
THIRDLY, I am surrounded by wonderful people. Those of you who read my blog are just great. Even when I post horrible, not quite Emily blogs, there are so many of you that are there who call or send me a message that just brightens my day. I love you guys! I also have a great family. I have been truly blessed my whole life and have just been blind to the fact in a lot of ways. If I have ever needed anything, my parents have been right there with it.. My mother and I might fuss and fight.. and my father and I might rarely talk, but I know that they both love me and are there for me. They have done waaay more than necessary, and I just haven't ever realized it until the past few years. I have been truly blessed with both of them and I appreciated (and know that I will even more when I move out) them for everything. I also have wonderful friends that I know would do anything for me that I needed. Although I don't get to spend as much time with them as I would like, I know they would be there.. just a simple call away.
So, even though I get down and out.. who doesn't right? I can look at my life, really take a step back and look at it, and realize that in all things the Lord has truly blessed me. I get stressed and I get ahead of myself sometimes.. I have to stop and remind myself that God is in control and that he will give me no more than what I can handle- AND that I have to stand still and let God do the work in my life at times. I can't control everything and I also can't do everything on my own. So, for tonight I will simply take joy in all the blessings I have been given, both in the past, and those manifesting themselves in my life from day to day.

No comments: