Thursday, September 18, 2008

"All you really gotta do is live and die, but I'm in a hurry and don't know why."

We've all been there. There are times in each of our lives when we get so stressed out that we don't even like ourselves. But, in those times we overlook those that are the most important to us, and some times, even hurt their feelings, not even knowing the culprit behind it was the stress that you are under.
I must say, first off, that I have a wonderful fiance that I love with all of my heart. He has stuck through some things and some times in our relationship when I wouldn't have been a bit surprised if he had turned around and ran as fast as he could...but he didn't. We have been through alot of drama and a lot of stressful situations. Lately, I think the stress has been stacking up and neither of us has even noticed.
Kenneth has pretty much been supporting me for at least the past year. He pays everything except for my truck payment, which my parents have been paying. We haven't really struggled to pay everything while I was in school because we never missed a payment, but we have been cutting it close. We haven't had a lot of extra money to be able to go out and do things, and for a long time, he would just come over and we would spend pretty much the whole weekend at my parent's house and never even leave because we were trying to save money for our wedding and still have bill money.
Anyway, to shorten the story, we both, for one of the first times in our working-on 4 year relationship raised our voices at each other today over the phone. Why? Because it is Sept. and we will be getting married on Dec. 13th and still don't have a house and I am still not working(although I have a job, just can't start yet).. we don't have a lot of our wedding stuff done yet.. kenneth is stressed about his grandmother passing away.. he backed into his uncle's truck today and messed his truck up.. and we are both sick of not being able to spend any money on ourselves. So, neither of us are happy campers and we care taking it out on each other.. and that is sooo not like either of us. I usually hold things in and then cry my eyes out when I do get started and Kenneth usually is the withdrawn type that just gets quiet and isn't very happy-go-lucky when things are bothering him. But, today was different, we both raised our voices and got angry with each other and then apologized but, still, we are both stressed so we must find away to vent. I don't care if we don't get half of the stuff done that we have planned for our wedding.. we are going to have to take some money and not worry about it and go out and enjoy ourselves, alone, and talk and have a real date like we used to or I think we are going to hate each other before our wedding day gets here.

1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough day. I think all of us have been there before. Dusty and I have both had to stop at times and say, whoa! why are we acting this way. Lots of times we've just let the stress around us affect our relationship!

You'll have good days and bad for the rest of your life. It's how you recover that matters! Love you both too death already!